• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Annotations are going away after 2019!

Will you miss Annotations?

• YES!

• Not really... we have cards/ endscreens now

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Personal Opinion: I think that annotations were great, and I will miss them. I hope they can update cards and endscreens to be better with their removal, and am curious what will happen going forward.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
It's gonna be real awkward with the older videos when you can't click on the annotations anymore. The update notice I see is: "Video annotations havent been getting much love from viewers, so effective January 15th well no longer be showing them."

Jeez. I wonder why? It's almost like because it wasn't mobile friendly XD

Since it is disappearing, shoutouts to the times when people would shove annotations on the entire screen so if you click to pause, it'll just take you to whatever link they wanted you to go to. Now that I think about it, good thing they're disappearing haha.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
It's gonna be real awkward with the older videos when you can't click on the annotations anymore. The update notice I see is: "Video annotations havent been getting much love from viewers, so effective January 15th well no longer be showing them."

Jeez. I wonder why? It's almost like because it wasn't mobile friendly XD

Since it is disappearing, shoutouts to the times when people would shove annotations on the entire screen so if you click to pause, it'll just take you to whatever link they wanted you to go to. Now that I think about it, good thing they're disappearing haha.

I think a cool concept, but I prefer cards.

Reactions: ReviewParks

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I liked that you could use annotations quite a lot for video editing afterwards like putting text in it and such.

Cards and end screens are super limited compared to annotations I think it's more that youtube did not show them any attention any more and by that drove creators away from them.

It's a bit sad that some older videos won't work the way they did any more.

On the other hand if all you want and use it is putting links onto your video it does not really matter if you use annotations or cards.

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I liked that you could use annotations quite a lot for video editing afterwards like putting text in it and such.

Cards and end screens are super limited compared to annotations I think it's more that youtube did not show them any attention any more and by that drove creators away from them.

It's a bit sad that some older videos won't work the way they did any more.

On the other hand if all you want and use it is putting links onto your video it does not really matter if you use annotations or cards.

I like their skip functionality! I guess you can do that in the comments. However, that is one thing i will miss!

Reactions: kunicross

Ceorge_Christofi

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I don't think I ever used annotations so I can't miss something I never had.... Just like some girls I used to know... (oops... did I think that out loud?)