• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube's been Testing "Personalized Order" POSSIBLY Getting rid of Chronological order on YouTube!

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Here is what YouTube said:

"Just to clarify. We are currently experimenting with how to show content in the subs feed. We find that some viewers are able to more easily find the videos they want to watch when we order the subs feed in a personalized order vs always showing most recent video first."

Source:https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/999150003863085056

What are YOUR thoughts on this? Do you like this idea? Why or why not!

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
On some channels (like Ellen) the 'most recent' does me little good. I have seen all her recent vids, and it is very clunky trying to go back very far. I wish they would put some kind of sorting feature. Let us sort them: oldest, newest, not viewed...

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I do kinda like the idea of a personalized order for such a thing (though I never really use the subs feed anyway...) but like @Tito Tim said, I think it would be useful to allow us options.

Reactions: Damon

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Chronological order is one of the best features on YouTube both for creators and viewers - because "personalized" order in reality means "algorithm and ad-payment driven" order like on Instagram / Facebook and that's actually terrible for everyone but the big people with the big money.

I use the subscriptions tab most of the time to keep track of the channels I follow regularly - the trending tab is usually utter garbage and suggestions do work from time to time especially when I'm exploring new topics / channels. (the bell I only use for channels who either post very infrequent or I have a deeper personal connection too)

And that combination does work really very good - suggestions is about as algorithm driven as it gets while subscriptions is as timeline as it gets - both systems have their pros and cons and having them side by side allows us to use the best of both worlds.

Ceorge_Christofi

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
In my niche, most stuff is series so it needs to be chronological. There is no point in watching things out of order. Some of the random stuff really doesn't need to be ordered like diy perks, big clive, tom scott but repair and restoration series really needs to be in order of work and progression.

I am also looking to do a tutorial series with one item building on the previous tutorial so again, it needs to be chronological.

Reactions: Damon and kunicross

Timbo

TubeBuddy Pro
www.elliesmells.com
Subscriber Goal
Something my Granddad used to say springs to mind. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I'm getting a bit cheesed off with the almost weekly tinkering.

Although I've never paid much interest in what happens on a day to day basis at YouTube HQ, I am starting to think that the YouTube algorithm is a bit of a myth put about to disguise a couple of chimps fed on scotch and banana dackeries finger spelling random edicts. I wonder if Lego/Duplo dropped off a couple of tonne of Lego bricks we might get a month without tinkering?

Reactions: Damon and TubeBuddy

Timelord Miff

www.darkrealmer.site
Subscriber Goal
My content is all based on the past Doctor Who shows so cronological wouldn't make difference to me or probably my viewers since all my content can basically be watched in random order .

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, don't even know what it'd look like. At the end of the day I'm gonna keep crankin' out content. I'll let better minds figure how to or it, lol.