• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Changing YouTube Red, to YouTube Premium!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube Announced they are changing things about YouTube Red!

For starters the name to YouTube Premium.

UNrQnyDc08IywUK2hfe84mamzVSt7z8p8Hc2Sbm7JaBRnPccKDdt0Og3OPFIqipJNux6d3ceduxOV7LraOTpwyablbNocdEZWkQWKE7zkNi3N096VkS4prfXTiR2zmgE9KDvMFPL

Source: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/05/introducing-youtube-premium.html

Here are the changes! Notice the price change!

What are your thoughts of the name change and other changes?

Do you currently have YouTube Re.... Premium?

Reactions: kunicross and Paul

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I totally missed the news here but about 2 weeks ago they launched premium in Germany as well and I signed up for the 3 month trial.

Technically its very good especially since I really like listening to podcasts and such content on YouTube and being able to download is a big deal for me since I travel a lot.

Would it turn out to be a big success that would be good for the platform as well as for audio driven content.

BUT the price is just way to high for what it offers I think they would be much more successful if they made it maybe 1/2 or 1/3 as expensive.
I really have to watch one of those YT originals but I kind of dread them and don't think people would pay that much for them.

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I totally missed the news here but about 2 weeks ago they launched premium in Germany as well and I signed up for the 3 month trial.

Technically its very good especially since I really like listening to podcasts and such content on YouTube and being able to download is a big deal for me since I travel a lot.

Would it turn out to be a big success that would be good for the platform as well as for audio driven content.

BUT the price is just way to high for what it offers I think they would be much more successful if they made it maybe 1/2 or 1/3 as expensive.
I really have to watch one of those YT originals but I kind of dread them and don't think people would pay that much for them.

I agree the price is TOO high for me there is only one original worth the price and that's kobra kai, but other than that the music app is nice, but not anything I can't get anything elsewhere I only really like it for ad-free YT :)