• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Hey Which program for podcasts? side by side recording

topcoachdino

Subscriber Goal
Hey guys im adding a podcast to my channel, looking for suggestions on the best solution for:

Side by side video (myself and guest in split screen, side by side)
How do i record the video/audio
Is there an app that does all of this either for a Microsoft laptop or ipad?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
OBS is good for what you're looking for. You can add your camera + your guest's camera into the same screen. I've done that before where I would crop out their webcam from skype via OBS. You can create multiple tracks on OBS so you could have one for your mic + your guest's mic. I'm assuming if you have more than one audio source.

If you don't:
If you don't have multiple audio sources (I have two audio sources for speakers + my headphones), you can use VoiceMeeter + Virtual Cables which allows you to create your own virtual audio channel. A USB Audio Adapter is around $5 - $15 at least.

upload_2018-4-27_19-30-30.png

I don't know about an app that does it all in one, though.

I use VoiceMeeter for livestreaming because I'm able to set a noise gate + EQ easily on this app instead of having to go on OBS and click filter and guess where I should adjust it before hearing the result. Voicemeeter allows you to monitor your voice if you need it for some quick adjustments. But again, you can use it to adjust your mic + your guest's audio.

upload_2018-4-27_19-33-31.png

I'm not good at explaining all these things myself, but I can direct you to tutorials I've followed. VoiceMeeter is a beast of its own and it took me a while to figure out how to use it.

That being said, there are other alternative solutions (or if you just have two audio sources, then you don't have to do all this). Or you can just record your skype or however you're going to be doing and let it go from there. If it's just the two of you talking, then it shouldn't be too difficult with OBS. This is my way of doing it. I have all my audio filtered through VoiceMeeter so I can adjust everything from that app.

I remember my old times of doing podcasts on Google Hangout lol.

Reactions: topcoachdino

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
OBS is good for what you're looking for. You can add your camera + your guest's camera into the same screen. I've done that before where I would crop out their webcam from skype via OBS. You can create multiple tracks on OBS so you could have one for your mic + your guest's mic. I'm assuming if you have more than one audio source.

If you don't:
If you don't have multiple audio sources (I have two audio sources for speakers + my headphones), you can use VoiceMeeter + Virtual Cables which allows you to create your own virtual audio channel. A USB Audio Adapter is around $5 - $15 at least.

View attachment 1555

I don't know about an app that does it all in one, though.

I use VoiceMeeter for livestreaming because I'm able to set a noise gate + EQ easily on this app instead of having to go on OBS and click filter and guess where I should adjust it before hearing the result. Voicemeeter allows you to monitor your voice if you need it for some quick adjustments. But again, you can use it to adjust your mic + your guest's audio.

View attachment 1556

I'm not good at explaining all these things myself, but I can direct you to tutorials I've followed. VoiceMeeter is a beast of its own and it took me a while to figure out how to use it.

That being said, there are other alternative solutions (or if you just have two audio sources, then you don't have to do all this). Or you can just record your skype or however you're going to be doing and let it go from there. If it's just the two of you talking, then it shouldn't be too difficult with OBS. This is my way of doing it. I have all my audio filtered through VoiceMeeter so I can adjust everything from that app.

I remember my old times of doing podcasts on Google Hangout lol.

I was going to also say OBS, best is probably always in person IF possible. However, OBS/SKYPE makes a lot of things possible! :)

Reactions: topcoachdino