• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Nintendo Direct 3.8.2018

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
So the Nintendo Direct was today and I'm finally done with watching reaction videos. What a waste of my time lol. Watching the reaction videos, I mean.

Have you seen the Nintendo Direct? I know everyone is hopping aboard the hype train for Smash Bros, but unfortunately it's not my thing. I am hyped for Mario Tennis Aces and I am glad they gave us an in-depth look at the gameplay. Will now put this in spoilers because I love Mario Tennis lol.

The zone shot and zone speed seems to be a replacement of the power shots in Mario Tennis Power Tour. From watching reaction videos and reading comments, people say that it might be a "broken mechanic" when playing with other players. Though that's why they have the energy gauge, so people wouldn't spam it or "cheat" with it.

I am wondering how the trick shot works. I'll figure it out when the pre-launch tournament comes (if I'm able to play it without having to pay for online xD). If people get good at laying trick shots, that'll give them an opportunity to get more zone shot and speed in.

I do like that they have "simple rules" for the people who likes Mario Tennis for... Mario Tennis, I suppose. I haven't played any other Mario Tennis releases since I never had the Wii or the DS.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's going to follow Mario in the story mode instead of having a custom or a new character. Then again, it is better than rehasing the same story three times.

The other thing I'm excited for is the South Park port. When I first played the game, I thought that this would be a great addition to the Switch. The game mechanics are fantastic and it's the reason why I wanted the game even though I've never seen a single South Park episode.

I want to like the new Kirby game, but the demo gives me the wrong impression. The CPU did most of the work for me and I hope that they allow you to change the controls in the full game. Or at least have a new control layout because I do not like having jump as A and attack as B. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I keep pressing B in hopes that Kirby will jump.

Other than that, I'm neutral about every other selections except for Sushi Striker. I don't understand why they put that in. Maybe if it was an actual food related game instead of something that reminds me of Candy Crush, I would've bought into it.

If you have a Switch or you're planning on buying one, what game do you want on the Switch?

Just saying... but if FFXV did the stupid decision of porting it to mobile, then it can be ported to the Switch. All I want is my fishing mini game on the go :c

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So the Nintendo Direct was today and I'm finally done with watching reaction videos. What a waste of my time lol. Watching the reaction videos, I mean.

Have you seen the Nintendo Direct? I know everyone is hopping aboard the hype train for Smash Bros, but unfortunately it's not my thing. I am hyped for Mario Tennis Aces and I am glad they gave us an in-depth look at the gameplay. Will now put this in spoilers because I love Mario Tennis lol.

The zone shot and zone speed seems to be a replacement of the power shots in Mario Tennis Power Tour. From watching reaction videos and reading comments, people say that it might be a "broken mechanic" when playing with other players. Though that's why they have the energy gauge, so people wouldn't spam it or "cheat" with it.

I am wondering how the trick shot works. I'll figure it out when the pre-launch tournament comes (if I'm able to play it without having to pay for online xD). If people get good at laying trick shots, that'll give them an opportunity to get more zone shot and speed in.

I do like that they have "simple rules" for the people who likes Mario Tennis for... Mario Tennis, I suppose. I haven't played any other Mario Tennis releases since I never had the Wii or the DS.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's going to follow Mario in the story mode instead of having a custom or a new character. Then again, it is better than rehasing the same story three times.

The other thing I'm excited for is the South Park port. When I first played the game, I thought that this would be a great addition to the Switch. The game mechanics are fantastic and it's the reason why I wanted the game even though I've never seen a single South Park episode.

I want to like the new Kirby game, but the demo gives me the wrong impression. The CPU did most of the work for me and I hope that they allow you to change the controls in the full game. Or at least have a new control layout because I do not like having jump as A and attack as B. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I keep pressing B in hopes that Kirby will jump.

Other than that, I'm neutral about every other selections except for Sushi Striker. I don't understand why they put that in. Maybe if it was an actual food related game instead of something that reminds me of Candy Crush, I would've bought into it.

If you have a Switch or you're planning on buying one, what game do you want on the Switch?

Just saying... but if FFXV did the stupid decision of porting it to mobile, then it can be ported to the Switch. All I want is my fishing mini game on the go :c

I AM SO HYPED! We NEED To play some of these games together!

Reactions: Ikerot