• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Youtube scheduling

jdog

So I just added the TubeBuddy Chrome extension. I like everything but the fact that I need to pay them to schedule my posts? Unless I am missing something the option from youtube to schedule my posts has been taken away by tubebuddy. Can someone help me with that?

OP
OP
J

jdog

I use TB on Firefox and it is available only on Star level and above... was scheduling ever free?
no it wasnt free in TubeBuddy, but before I added tubebuddy, I could do it through youtube, now the option is gone since I installed tubebuddy.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Oh, I did not realize YT had it built in. I never saw it.
--- Post updated ---
I just looked up how to schedule, and the option is still there. On the Upload page you mark it Scheduled. It seems if you do not mark it as you upload it, the option is grayed out later (not sure if this is new or not). I never even noticed it. Cool, I learned a new trick today.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Schedule your posts? Your videos? If that's the case, TB shouldn't have taken away your ability to schedule a video. They have the option to schedule a video while it's unlisted, but through youtube, you always have to have it on private before you can set it to schedule.

@Andrew Just in case.

OP
OP
J

jdog

Schedule your posts? Your videos? If that's the case, TB shouldn't have taken away your ability to schedule a video. They have the option to schedule a video while it's unlisted, but through youtube, you always have to have it on private before you can set it to schedule.

@Andrew Just in case.
For some reason I can't Very frustrating,

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal

@Andrew Just in case.
Oh, TubeBuddy's scheduled posts is for unlisted videos? I never knew, nor understood, that feature. That works better for "sponsored" videos where you want to give the person who's sponsoring it access to not only watch the video before it goes live, but also comment on it!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, TubeBuddy's scheduled posts is for unlisted videos? I never knew, nor understood, that feature. That works better for "sponsored" videos where you want to give the person who's sponsoring it access to not only watch the video before it goes live, but also comment on it!
Yeah, I didn't understand what's the point of it, but then I looked more into it and I was like, "Oh. Okay." xD It is a neat feature to for early access.
--- Post updated ---
For some reason I can't Very frustrating,
Have you tried uninstalling Tubebuddy to see if you're able to schedule a video?

Reactions: DragoNate

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
no it wasnt free in TubeBuddy, but before I added tubebuddy, I could do it through youtube, now the option is gone since I installed tubebuddy.

That doesn't go away. That is on the video upload screen.

You can also get there from channel defaults in YouTube. Can you include a screen shot OP?

azngg2

I'm having the same problem as well, I was post-scheduling prior to using TubeBuddy. I bought the lifetime Pro License and now don't want to do the monthly Star license just to do something I was able to do WITHOUT TubeBuddy.

Can somebody help?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm having the same problem as well, I was post-scheduling prior to using TubeBuddy. I bought the lifetime Pro License and now don't want to do the monthly Star license just to do something I was able to do WITHOUT TubeBuddy.

Can somebody help?

Can you send a screenshot? That doesn't go away when you install TB....? It's on the upload page and or video edit page.

azngg2

Here's a screenshot below, as you can see the "Scheduled" is grayed out and I can't click that
1548186996901.png

azngg2

That's because you need to put it to private in order to schedule it. TubeBuddy allows you to schedule it unlisted, but what you're trying to do is through Youtube and that's only if the video is private first.

Thanks, TubeBuddy I guess allows you to schedule it unlisted if you have the STAR license, correct?
I just set it to private and am able to schedule it now. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks, TubeBuddy I guess allows you to schedule it unlisted if you have the STAR license, correct?
I just set it to private and am able to schedule it now. Thanks for your help!
You're welcome :]
Yes, it is only available for Star users.

Reactions: TubeBuddy