• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Tips Are you a small channel that wants to earn revenue?

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I would love to earn revenue, it would help my channel so much.I would be able to buy more products to open on my channel as that's really the only thing that gets me views, and I could also invest in promotion as well. Sadly my channel is too small for the things you suggested.
Never too small to start formulating a plan or at least looking into all avenues for becoming financial. Great to do the research early and it at least gives you clarity rather than going oh yeah I got my subs and hours claps hands and pow IΓÇÖm monetised. Sadly as most Small channels soon realise it doesnΓÇÖt quite work like that. Get rich schemes are too good to be true. I think however being educated gives you the best chance of revenue for your channel. Start checking out stuff and listening to the trailblazers. Hey canΓÇÖt hurt

Maryan Cernea YT

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I always tend to get the urge to write articles when I visit this forum. So here I go again, haha. I think the topic of this article warrants it here on TubeBuddy so that is where it is getting posted!

Are you a small channel? Do you want to make money with your channel?

If you answered yes two times, then this article is being catered to you. Now by no means is my channel huge and earning a lot of money. I'm not really earning money right now but I've created strategies for it. I'm a business major and I work in a very important financial-related department at my current job. So I know a little bit about business and profits enough to share my thoughts. So below, I'll feature my ideas, suggestions of strategy and tips for smaller channels on YouTube to earn money or really, eventually and potentially earn money.

First thing - forget the YouTube Partnership Program for now. It will only make you upset and drag you away from what is actually important - the mature growth of your channel and community you develop around it. Don't focus on financial gain right now, focus on developing a brand and a community around the idea that you create content for with your videos.

Your first lesson in strategy is brand development. You need a brand in order to make a long lasting impression on not only the community you are developing around your channel but the potential advertisers and sponsors that may be discovered. Find your voice that allows you to be real with your channel and what outcomes you wish to see in the future. Don't set a huge long term goal for now. Instead, set short term goals that will eventually lead to long-term goals. Relate the goals around your niche, your brand and the community you are developing. Focus on what matters for the time being like building fanship into friendship, getting those returning viewers who comment every time you upload and networking with others trying to do the same thing you are. Don't waste your time with huge channels that are probably not reading your comments, focus on the smaller ones like you - that is where real friendship tends to start, because both channels have a common goal to enhance their growth.

Money shouldn't be the first thing on your mind when you have a small channel. Developing your channel into something special and building a community should be the main thing on your mind.

Revenue Earning Alternatives
The YouTube Partnership Program really relies on primitive ad revenue programs. Adsense/Adwords, a very easy form of advertising to block with many free software available online. I don't personally block ads, YouTube Red does that for me LOL but I do know many people who do use ad blocking methods and they don't care who it hurts, just as long as they don't have to see the "annoying ads". Superchat to me is another feature that really isn't going to be that important until you have a lot of subscribers that become active in your live video streams. And most of them are donating for a shout out to be blunt.

So what does a small channel do for revenue?
  1. Target companies and brands that relate to your channel and contact/connect with them directly. Be fair about pricing and be informative. It doesn't take much to market to companies especially the online ones with big internet marketing budgets. Tell them why they should advertise and show them how it can help their company. This allows you to skip the middle man (YouTube or really...Google) and earn more money. Utilize your voice and content in the video to make the advertisement but make sure you follow the rules and terms about sponsored videos.
  2. Don't just sell these placement on your videos, either. Make a website or blog and ad space there. Sell via social-media. Be innovative but again, make sure you know and follow the rules, very important.
  3. Setup a Patreon or similar and offer unique features that your audience will love. Check out some of the more active pages on these membership sites and see what they offer for innovating ideas of your own.
  4. Setup a small e-store and sell branded t-shirts and other items. You can go beyond your logo on a t-shirt, you can add your own trend starter, fun and humor, art but be sure to be legal about it (don't violate copyright terms)
  5. Ask for donations and do donation drives to purchase items to help with videos. For example, maybe you really want a good drone to offer that footage to your viewers, ask them for help even if it is just a little bit.
But don't get carried away...

Don't beg for money. Don't say you are quitting for not earning. Don't overcharge. Don't become that channel that is just in it for the money. Remember that continuing your brand development around the community you are building should always be number 1!

Hope my tips help even if just a little bit :)
Very good advice, thank you!:idea::party:

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
I always tend to get the urge to write articles when I visit this forum. So here I go again, haha. I think the topic of this article warrants it here on TubeBuddy so that is where it is getting posted!

If you answered yes two times, then this article is being catered to you. Now by no means is my channel huge and earning a lot of money. I'm not really earning money right now but I've created strategies for it. I'm a business major and I work in a very important financial-related department at my current job. So I know a little bit about business and profits enough to share my thoughts. So below, I'll feature my ideas, suggestions of strategy and tips for smaller channels on YouTube to earn money or really, eventually and potentially earn money.

First thing - forget the YouTube Partnership Program for now. It will only make you upset and drag you away from what is actually important - the mature growth of your channel and community you develop around it. Don't focus on financial gain right now, focus on developing a brand and a community around the idea that you create content for with your videos.

Your first lesson in strategy is brand development. You need a brand in order to make a long lasting impression on not only the community you are developing around your channel but the potential advertisers and sponsors that may be discovered. Find your voice that allows you to be real with your channel and what outcomes you wish to see in the future. Don't set a huge long term goal for now. Instead, set short term goals that will eventually lead to long-term goals. Relate the goals around your niche, your brand and the community you are developing. Focus on what matters for the time being like building fanship into friendship, getting those returning viewers who comment every time you upload and networking with others trying to do the same thing you are. Don't waste your time with huge channels that are probably not reading your comments, focus on the smaller ones like you - that is where real friendship tends to start, because both channels have a common goal to enhance their growth.

Money shouldn't be the first thing on your mind when you have a small channel. Developing your channel into something special and building a community should be the main thing on your mind.

The YouTube Partnership Program really relies on primitive ad revenue programs. Adsense/Adwords, a very easy form of advertising to block with many free software available online. I don't personally block ads, YouTube Red does that for me LOL but I do know many people who do use ad blocking methods and they don't care who it hurts, just as long as they don't have to see the "annoying ads". Superchat to me is another feature that really isn't going to be that important until you have a lot of subscribers that become active in your live video streams. And most of them are donating for a shout out to be blunt.

1. Target companies and brands that relate to your channel and contact/connect with them directly. Be fair about pricing and be informative. It doesn't take much to market to companies especially the online ones with big internet marketing budgets. Tell them why they should advertise and show them how it can help their company. This allows you to skip the middle man (YouTube or really...Google) and earn more money. Utilize your voice and content in the video to make the advertisement but make sure you follow the rules and terms about sponsored videos.
  2. Don't just sell these placement on your videos, either. Make a website or blog and ad space there. Sell via social-media. Be innovative but again, make sure you know and follow the rules, very important.
  3. Setup a Patreon or similar and offer unique features that your audience will love. Check out some of the more active pages on these membership sites and see what they offer for innovating ideas of your own.
  4. Setup a small e-store and sell branded t-shirts and other items. You can go beyond your logo on a t-shirt, you can add your own trend starter, fun and humor, art but be sure to be legal about it (don't violate copyright terms)
  5. Ask for donations and do donation drives to purchase items to help with videos. For example, maybe you really want a good drone to offer that footage to your viewers, ask them for help even if it is just a little bit.

Don't beg for money. Don't say you are quitting for not earning. Don't overcharge. Don't become that channel that is just in it for the money. Remember that continuing your brand development around the community you are building should always be number 1!

Hello Raith here
This Whole thing is just what I needed In trying to set up my charity thankyou for these tips
Warm Regards
Raith
#Raith #Raith1 #originalraith #RocketToTheNextLevel

The Zoe Platform

I think of a you tube channel as any other product in a huge market place;
You need to try and get a USP to make it stand out
You need to work very hard, or be very lucky to get a fast track to success
You need to understand that whilst your 'product' may be better than many, they got to the market first
Like all things in life hard work is usually the way to success...don't rely on luck
Dave
This is very true and thank you for sharing.

Yea, you are right! Getting money is a matter of endeavor and strategy... Me too, I teach Business Management and Entrepreneurship but I do not have regular business at all. I still going back to my passion which is writing! huhuhu...
Thats a great way to go.

We got our first affiliate sales with only 250 subscribers, first sponsorship at about 300. Subscriber counts mean nothing... make good content and give people a reason to want something. Then when they ask about it be prepared to give them what they want.
And thats it, am new to Youtube and I just want to really serve my audience while sharing what I enjoy.
I know money comes after I have given a service.

Very helpful and thank you once again.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

For now, IΓÇÖm just in it for the fun of making the content and getting my work out there, I run an oil painting channel, and short term is just to build up that community that you mentioned, get myself known, then weΓÇÖll known, hopefully sell some of my work or even do commission work, long term is to eventually become monetized once IΓÇÖve reached all the smaller milestones, but for now, just the love and enjoyment of creating paintings for all to see

TheGamerHippie

Subscriber Goal
I do not use add blockers for several reasons. One what I see on websites shows me that certain algorithms are working and can see me the way I want to be seen by the people I want to advertise to. Second advertising helps small business, entrepreneurs and other YTubers. I teach mindfulness and being present so it would be counterproductive to want to 'skip' what I'm viewing out of impatience. I'm very interested to find out how best to approach businesses in order to create that Affiliate relationship, and the legal and protective paperwork that ensures you receive the benefits of engagements from your videos.

TheGamerHippie

Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the tips! I've been working on my SEO and I've heard that monetization is more about the opportunities you get from private advertisers rather than YouTube after your views and subscribers look promising to them. As a business woman I understand that any advertiser will think of ROI. If you are monetized but not growing your channel or acquiring subscribers continuously you may not be approached. It takes relationship building and networking to get to top paying advertisers or gaining referral ability. If you haven't started to build professional relationships with possible advertisers that relate to your niche, you may want to consider starting.

hawthornberrie

I do agree.. thanks for this post...am newbie and maybe the smallest channel here.. I just do what I love, sharing and entertaining to others.. especially nowadays, when most of us staying at home..

Reactions: buntheun