• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Anyone knows a tool or software like this? To see trending content from small channels

Pixelander

Anybody know a software or extension where I can see viral content from small channels? for example a channel with 100 subs that got 400k views on one video this week. I know VidIQ has a similar tool

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I don't think you're ever going to find a stable source for this information because think about what you're asking... if a small channel has a video that's gone viral, they're not going to be a small channel for long, maybe a few hours or at the most a few days. So the possibility of tracking that information is going to be very hard unless you roll the dice and follow a few small channels and track their growth.

I mean, one of my small channels is getting a boost from YT lately and getting 1000s of views a day causing my sub count to grow dramatically. And that's not even close to being a viral video, imagine how many subs an actual viral video is going to get you, 400k views in a week (like you're asking and that may not even be considered a true viral number) is around 58k views a day, even a very poor performing video (500 views per sub) would generate over 100 subs per day. If it was a good performing video (100 views per sub) you're looking at almost 600 subs a day. Now think about those true viral videos that double or triple (or more) those numbers, yah...it's crazy.

Reactions: MattCommand1
OP
OP
Pixelander

Pixelander

I don't think you're ever going to find a stable source for this information because think about what you're asking... if a small channel has a video that's gone viral, they're not going to be a small channel for long, maybe a few hours or at the most a few days. So the possibility of tracking that information is going to be very hard unless you roll the dice and follow a few small channels and track their growth.

I mean, one of my small channels is getting a boost from YT lately and getting 1000s of views a day causing my sub count to grow dramatically. And that's not even close to being a viral video, imagine how many subs an actual viral video is going to get you, 400k views in a week (like you're asking and that may not even be considered a true viral number) is around 58k views a day, even a very poor performing video (500 views per sub) would generate over 100 subs per day. If it was a good performing video (100 views per sub) you're looking at almost 600 subs a day. Now think about those true viral videos that double or triple (or more) those numbers, yah...it's crazy.
but vidiq has a tool that tracks small channels that have gone viral. So it is possible to track trending small channels

I just want to know if theres other softwares like this

Reactions: MediaMan

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Recreate the same content so i can get the same viral results

Here's a piece of advice. And I'm gonna be totally honest and straightforward with you and I might come off a bit harsh. But... Be yourself.

Trying to copy other people's success will not likely help you find success. You're trying to find a shortcut to YouTube success that does not exist. Viral videos are like the lotto, they happen simply because they do. Trying to force it by attempting to ride someone else wave will only bring you disappointment when it doesn't work. Success takes work. Even someone with a viral video still has to work hard to maintain and extend the 15 minutes of fame they got from the viral video.

As yourself this: what will you do if you manage to create a viral video by searching for other content creator's viral success? Are you gonna continue to make more of that content? What if it's content you're not really interested in but you just wanted to go viral?

In today's YouTube most viewers want specific content from specific creators. The days of mixed content on the same channel are long past. Only those who made themselves the focus of their channel, the reason to watch their videos, can have a channel that has mixed content such as Markiplier who can play just about any game he wants because his viewers are mostly there to see him play the games, not to see the game itself. But for newer channels most viewers come to see a specific game, like Minecraft for example, and as soon as the creator starts making content on other games, say like Elden Ring (which is nothing like Minecraft), their new content is not likely to get as many views since their main audience is there for the Minecraft content. It might bring him new viewers, but his views will now be divided and they risk alienating their core audience. Now, if they made the content about them, like Markiplier, then perhaps they can grow the channel more, but that takes time.

It's simple. There are no shortcuts on YouTube. Going viral is not a guarantee to becoming successful. You still have to work to maintain the lucky success.

That's my 2 cents. Take it as you will. We all have to learn our own way.

Reactions: SoyManuelMedina
OP
OP
Pixelander

Pixelander

Here's a piece of advice. And I'm gonna be totally honest and straightforward with you and I might come off a bit harsh. But... Be yourself.

Trying to copy other people's success will not likely help you find success. You're trying to find a shortcut to YouTube success that does not exist. Viral videos are like the lotto, they happen simply because they do. Trying to force it by attempting to ride someone else wave will only bring you disappointment when it doesn't work. Success takes work. Even someone with a viral video still has to work hard to maintain and extend the 15 minutes of fame they got from the viral video.

As yourself this: what will you do if you manage to create a viral video by searching for other content creator's viral success? Are you gonna continue to make more of that content? What if it's content you're not really interested in but you just wanted to go viral?

In today's YouTube most viewers want specific content from specific creators. The days of mixed content on the same channel are long past. Only those who made themselves the focus of their channel, the reason to watch their videos, can have a channel that has mixed content such as Markiplier who can play just about any game he wants because his viewers are mostly there to see him play the games, not to see the game itself. But for newer channels most viewers come to see a specific game, like Minecraft for example, and as soon as the creator starts making content on other games, say like Elden Ring (which is nothing like Minecraft), their new content is not likely to get as many views since their main audience is there for the Minecraft content. It might bring him new viewers, but his views will now be divided and they risk alienating their core audience. Now, if they made the content about them, like Markiplier, then perhaps they can grow the channel more, but that takes time.

It's simple. There are no shortcuts on YouTube. Going viral is not a guarantee to becoming successful. You still have to work to maintain the lucky success.

That's my 2 cents. Take it as you will. We all have to learn our own way.
The thing is though , the viral content research im doing is in my same niche. Im a roblox gaming channel and ive been researching other small roblox gaming channels that exploded with viral content so I can get video ideas for trends

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
The days of mixed content on the same channel are long past.

I tend to agree with that in regards to long videos, but when it comes to shorts....the more brash, crazy, stupid, etc, the better. Maybe that's why the requirements for shorts monetization is so high due to channels that know how to exploit the YT AI. Some people on this forum think advertisers won't pay to place their ads in some of these shorts videos, but think about it... a young scantly dressed woman golfing, fishing, singing, dancing, etc, etc, there's countless products they can push to those 18-34 year old (probably 90% guys 10% gals) watching those videos. And the insane thing is...now days it's legal to make a "reaction channel" that uses the content of those same viral videos. It will be interesting to see how much money those viral shorts channels generate via monetization alone. I've said it before....if your goal is to only make money on youtube, the sky's the limit. It's the channels (like mine and probably most of the users on this forum) trying to make quality long term content that will struggle the most.

Reactions: BraveStar