• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Getting views but no subscribers

Desocrates

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I only have 22 subscribers which I know really not a lot, I know some people don't watch or subscribe to smaller youtubers so I'm not sure how to get my subscribers up.

My videos are getting decent views for the amount of subscribers I do have, all my recent ones have 50+ at the moment but I'm not gaining subscribers from them. Does anyone have any tips on how to change this?

I have an endscreen and a very small watermark on the videos already and at the end for an outro I quickly mention subscribing.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks, I didn't realise that many were needed, at the moment I'm only releasing a video every 1-3 weeks due to the work that goes into it.

Yup, we're in it for the long haul. It takes me about that long to make one of my fishing adventures. I want each video to be like a Jacques Cousteau documentary. That takes time, and I compose all my own music.

You just keep making the videos. You'll find an audience in due time.

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm hoping someone can help me with this, I only have 22 subscribers which I know really not a lot, I know some people don't watch or subscribe to smaller youtubers so I'm not sure how to get my subscribers up.

My videos are getting decent views for the amount of subscribers I do have, all my recent ones have 50+ at the moment but I'm not gaining subscribers from them. Does anyone have any tips on how to change this?

I have an endscreen and a very small watermark on the videos already and at the end for an outro I quickly mention subscribing.

I think part of it is you only have a few videos so far. The second part is to work on your thumbnails. On a side note your view count is going up so that's good news :)
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 12.23.17 PM.png
larger font I have a hard time reading your content. Looks like an interesting channel though! :)

Luke Anderson

www.deviantart.com
Subscriber Goal

I'm new as well but I believe what attracts them the most..

OP
OP
Desocrates

Desocrates

I think part of it is you only have a few videos so far. The second part is to work on your thumbnails. On a side note your view count is going up so that's good news :) View attachment 10128larger font I have a hard time reading your content. Looks like an interesting channel though! :)
Thanks, to be honest I have really been trying to improve on the art, it's probably very visible after the Thomas Glover video.

I feel like I've improved the character art quite a bit no longer having them all pretty much look the same. I'm far from an artist but I feel like I'm slowly improving on it, I know I need to work on better backgrounds in the video too.

I'll definitely work on the thumbnails too.

Reactions: nate polmateer

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I was researching and I realized that small channels should not worry about growth at first. In fact, they should make good videos, do a good SEO on the metadata, create good thumbnails and from what I saw this magical number of uploads can help with time.

Yeah, I think as you get more content then when people come to your channel they will have more videos to watcha and youtube will then push out your content. I have some videos that are over 1k views and have the same frustration, why don't I have more subs. But if I focus on that I think it will be toxic to my own mental health. Set some goals, this many videos by this time then reassess. :)

Jeri Scarborough

Uploading to Facebook helps, plus you can make groups for people who share your interests, but avoid asking sub for sub as that goes against YouTube standards.