• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Best screen recording software?

MattCommand1

YT & TB Forum Enthusiast
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
livinginjohnscreek.com
Subscriber Goal
The problem with Camtasia is that it is somewhat pricy to buy just for the screen recorder. I like many features of Camtasia has a video editor and was torn between Filmora X and Camtasia as a primary video editor. Ultimately, I preferred Filmora X as my video editor which also includes a screen recorder.

Having said that, I had a very old Camtasia license but saw a crazy limited time $75 license upgrade offer earlier this year and jumped on it. So now, I use Camtasia as my primary screen recorder.

But for someone new coming into Camtasia having to buy a new license, I can see how it would be a barrier of entry despite it being very good software. I think many of the more established video editing software includes some screen recording software.

OBS hands down!

It's free and open source, and very powerful. It's also one of the industry standards, which also works on Windows, Mac, and Linux!

MattCommand1

YT & TB Forum Enthusiast
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
livinginjohnscreek.com
Subscriber Goal
OBS hands down!

It's free and open source, and very powerful. It's also one of the industry standards, which also works on Windows, Mac, and Linux!

I have OBS but it seemed to be a resource hog. But I will go look at it again simply using it as a screen recorder.