• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question cross recommending other youtubers

oceansofflame

Does anyone have any experience doing cross recommendations with other youtubers to get traffic for each other? So an example would be to mention to your subscribers to check out another Creator (your friend and their channel) and that friend would do the same for you.

I've even done this with links too

How has this worked for you in terms of getting noticeably more views and subs? Or not?

Reactions: talanajordan

kaybee

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly unless you have a "fan base" I don't think that cross recommendations will work. What I mean is, unless the youtuber doing it actually has people that does what he asks for (which you will find on some bigger youtubers) I don't think it will work on a large scale. I've noticed this by myself as a viewer. When a smaller youtuber asks on the video to sub someone else, I rarely will do it, but if it is someone that I have been watching for months, I'll probably do it because I want to help out the person.

Reactions: oceansofflame

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This sounds like something you might do when collabing with another youtuber. When you collab with a youtuber in your niche, they will probably mention your channel in their video which could send their viewers and subscribers to your video to go along with their video. This I think would be the appropriate way to go about the cross recommendations thing because your channels would be in the same niche, so they would be recommending to people who are already interested in whatever niche they are in.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah you're better off doing a collaboration. Growing a community is far better than just growing a subcount and views. Growing a community between audiences (like you get between Nick Nimmin, Roberto Blake and Tubebuddy audiences etc) there will be a natural overlap.