• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question pushing Merch at subscribers

oceansofflame

Has anyone really pushed hard with their Merch at your fans? I have a friend who bombards their merch on her gaming channel a LOT and claims subs need to be promoted at all the time to buy the Merch. what's been your experience with this? Do fans get overly annoyed if you do it too much?

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
All the channels I subscribed to have merch, but they donΓÇÖt push it hard into the viewers, some of them donΓÇÖt even push their merch through YouTube, rather they do it on other platforms, like Facebook, but still they donΓÇÖt push it hard and into our faces.

I havenΓÇÖt subscribed to channels that do push the merch hard, so lucky me huh, but if I had stuff pushed into my face constantly, IΓÇÖd get super annoyed to the point of unsubscribing.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I haven't pushed merch at all at my subscribers (yet). I think it's okay to remind subscribers every now and then that you have merch and to update them when you have new merch coming in, but I wouldn't want to bombard them all the time because I feel that could discourage subscribers from buying it if they feel you are pushing them too hard.

Reactions: Etypical