• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How long did it take you to get monetized

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was monetized before the new YouTube policy of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time took place.. we can thank Logan Paul for this lol... Anyways I was wondering how long did it take everyone to reach that goal and how did you make it happen... I am finally almost at that goal and it has taken a while lol IΓÇÖm at 3,996 with about 1,250 subscribers.. Do you think Youtube will change it again if another popular YouTuber messes up lol

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Oh, I hope not! I still have a long way to go to get monetized. But I have a friend, he is doing Youtube for like 6 years and he is now full time here. He said it took him like 2 years to get monetized. I'm still hoping to achieve that 1000 subscribers!
It will happen... I notice my subscribers go up when I upload a video constantly.. keep uploading.. someone told me that you can hit that 4,000 watch hour time faster by going Live on YouTube for like 4 hours straight lol IΓÇÖm not sure if thatΓÇÖs true or not ha!

• Love
Reactions: FangirlMoomoo

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ItΓÇÖs in my rather sloppy loose plan, eventually IΓÇÖd like to get monetized, mostly to unlock more features so I can interact more with my subscribers.

Yeah IΓÇÖm also hoping some out of control YouTuber doesnΓÇÖt ruin it for everyone trying to get to their goals, hopefully itΓÇÖll still remain smooth sailing :blush:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was monetized before the new YouTube policy of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time took place.. we can thank Logan Paul for this lol... Anyways I was wondering how long did it take everyone to reach that goal and how did you make it happen... I am finally almost at that goal and it has taken a while lol IΓÇÖm at 3,996 with about 1,250 subscribers.. Do you think Youtube will change it again if another popular YouTuber messes up lol
How long have you been on YouTube? You must be one of the older channels if you can remember a time before the 1000/4000 rule.

I was monetised from the very beginning. Essentially I had to learn how to setup adsense, so that was my challenge. I don't think I figured it out until I had somewhere around 5k subs.

According to my history, I think it took me 4 months to qualify for today's requirements. I was lucky to get a good view boost from good timing with Jurassic World so once I found the right topic, it didn't take me that long at all.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How long have you been on YouTube? You must be one of the older channels if you can remember a time before the 1000/4000 rule.

I was monetised from the very beginning. Essentially I had to learn how to setup adsense, so that was my challenge. I don't think I figured it out until I had somewhere around 5k subs.

According to my history, I think it took me 4 months to qualify for today's requirements. I was lucky to get a good view boost from good timing with Jurassic World so once I found the right topic, it didn't take me that long at all.
IΓÇÖve been on YouTube for awhile lol I originally started in 06 but got my account deleted for copyright music but now IΓÇÖve had my channel for about 5 years now and it took me a good while to start reaching this goal.. probably a year cause times just flys by doesnΓÇÖt it lol itΓÇÖs already October

Wandering Soup

It's been a slow slog over here but I hope to be monetized in another 6 months or so, I'm gaining about 40 to 50 subs a month right now and hoping to double that in the coming months. We shall see!

Mini tweeks, mini tweeks.

Reactions: Jeff Goober
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's been a slow slog over here but I hope to be monetized in another 6 months or so, I'm gaining about 40 to 50 subs a month right now and hoping to double that in the coming months. We shall see!

Mini tweeks, mini tweeks.
50 subs a monthly is awesome

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
About three years. But I was doing this long before they had monetization. By the time I had applied I was way past the requirement, and it still took me another year or so to finalize and verify everything. I was focused more on monetizing outside YouTube.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I came on right when they implemented 1k/4k. earned YPP on our 365th day lol. But more importantly I think we did it at around our 60th video.

We do solid 15-20 minute videos with decent search returns, and managed to hit 4k hours after about 9 months. 1,000 subs took the full year. Although I would suggest doing weekly video posts and weekly livestreams as a suppliment to watchtime hours and total number of video posts. We did and found it to be helpful with our content schedule and engagement.

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
I wish I had meaningful metrics to contribute but I am at 57 subscribers and 94 watch hours after 3 months. I'm not worried though. I'm putting a lot of effort into my SEO now and I have a backlog of 20 days worth of every-other-day video releases scheduled to go.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Personal channel 6 months on my gaming channel 3 years. It takes time and waiting on YT for approval. It also takes a lot of content that connects with WHO you want to entertain/ help with your content :D

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Personal channel 6 months on my gaming channel 3 years. It takes time and waiting on YT for approval. It also takes a lot of content that connects with WHO you want to entertain/ help with your content :D
Congrats on finally reaching it =) I got approved the next day after this post :grinning: I only have this channel but it took a longggggg time since YouTube changed it

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Similar thing, I have £1.20 in my account from before the change. Only got 260 subs and 1000 hours watchtime in the last year now so nowhere near.

Jam0168

Mine is miles away.. ... I have a long way to go.. I think, I only achieved only around 20% of the requirements... Good to know you got monetized already.