• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What has been the most successful platform for promoting your content?

HalfwayDcent

Hi everyone!
I'm curious what creators have found to be the most successful platform for promoting their content and bringing in views?
Has it been a social media site like twitter, instagram, tiktok, etc.?
A forum like this one?
I saw someone recently talking about how reddit has caused a huge spike in traffic on their channel.
What has your experience been?

Subscriber Goal
Facebook and Twitter have pretty much been an even distribution of views, but LinkedIn was the biggest push for my last video to be honest.

wesplan bdg

use Social media FB,IG and Whatsup group for new viewers...maybe, u can collaborate with any one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Possibly Instagram. My art combained with my youtube link in my profile leads people to be interested enough in finding out more about me, so they click on the video. Twitter has it's moments, but I don't think twitter has long term potential compared to the gallery nature of Instagram, despite twitter allowing direct links to video. The instant, and non gallery nature of twitter kind of works against it. So I dare say Instagram.

Deciden0w

TubeBuddy Pro
savagebutsimple.business.site
Subscriber Goal
For now, mostly from my personal Facebook account then on Facebook groups I joined based on my niche (Fitness & Nutrition). Second is Reddit with my own niche. Last is Instagram since I'm not too active there. Also I been trying to be active in YouTube via commenting on the videos I watch. No so sure how that will help

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me, nothing but YouTube itself, as pointed out by my analytics, discord was the worst, Reddit has itΓÇÖs moments, instagram is ok but posting links means theyΓÇÖre inactive, Facebook is just an ocean of sub4sub.

YouTube is it :blush:

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey Damo, how else can you suggest to promote in YouTube, besides commenting?
Just keep uploading, thatΓÇÖs mainly all it is, the rest is done by the YouTube algorithm, basically itΓÇÖs figuring out what your content is about and what niche youΓÇÖre in, then itΓÇÖs recommending it to the appropriate audience, and if your video does really well, YouTube will keep promoting said videos, but if not theyΓÇÖll down rank said videos.

This is why SEO is important when making titles and writing descriptions, paired with kick *** thumbnails, optimizing these to your target audience will rank you in search, but ultimately you want to make sure your videos have something valuable for your audience, you need to make really good content thatΓÇÖs so attractive that it will attract more views and subscribers, but of course, easier said than done, you want big numbers, you gotta earn them, which means you gotta work.

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
Instagram, Discord, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Snapchat, Quora, Drummitup, Sharree, Trinding.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
To be honest, I don't really post my videos on my personal social media pages because I feel like those people aren't really interested in the content I make since half of the people that follow me are my parents, their friends, and other adults that I have gone to places or interacted with (like gone to church with them). I also don't like just posting a video link on the social media pages because I feel like it's spam and people are just gonna go right on passed it. I also don't really wanna create a page for just my followers to follow me just cause I'm shy and kinda like staying under a pen name. I've also actually tried making a twitter page for my youtube but then somehow even though I was under my youtube channel's name (Legacy) some people that I actually know have found it and followed me.

But I have shared my videos and channel with online friends and on forums (like in discord groups I'm in, game alliance, one here, etc).

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Twitter and Instagram. Although through Instagram, I get traffic that I'm not particularly fond of, but it does show me that older posts can gain traction lol

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone!
I'm curious what creators have found to be the most successful platform for promoting their content and bringing in views?
A forum like this one?
I saw someone recently talking about how reddit has caused a huge spike in traffic on their channel.

I've found a lot of success on twitter, discord, and even here on the forums. I love promoting through blog posts, and seeing the organic traffic from google in the analytics :D

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
Just keep uploading, thatΓÇÖs mainly all it is, the rest is done by the YouTube algorithm, basically itΓÇÖs figuring out what your content is about and what niche youΓÇÖre in, then itΓÇÖs recommending it to the appropriate audience, and if your video does really well, YouTube will keep promoting said videos, but if not theyΓÇÖll down rank said videos.
This is remarkably similar to my favorite theory about marketing as a writer - your best marketing is your next book. And it makes sense. Good content , or improving content, will bring in the views.

To answer the original question, I'm having good results when I'm being authentic, no matter which platform I use. When I tweet on my personal account about my excitement for my new video, my friends are engaged - same for Facebook. I don't drop links in conversations online, but if I do have a video that may solve a problem, I'll mention it and they'll ask for it. I don't have much luck when I just post links - on a Facebook page (nobody uses those anymore), on a dedicated Twitter account just to post new videos (although I'll keep it as I see the value to have a place for people to go for updates if I'm not able to post for some reason), or on Pinterest.

Kaos71

Hi everyone!
A forum like this one?
Reddit giveth and taketh away... I have always been a little apprehensive about using it all that much because there certainly is a wild west mentality on a lot of those subreddits. You will get a lot of views but it only takes 1-2 people over there to decide they are going to drag you (for no reason at all) and it all goes down hill. Maybe I am just being too cautious but have talked to a few people who have had some negative experiences when it comes to trying to gain visibility over there.

I keep slamming things on YouTube, have a personal and a couple of work pages on Facebook, work hard on a couple of different Twitter accounts (two work and one personal) and that is about it (I just don't really 'get' Instagram or Snap or some of these other platforms... I am doing the best I can to stay current on the platforms that I know how to use to varying degrees).