• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Have you learnt any new skills during the lockdown ?

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was curious if anyone has learnt some new skills or even made their skills better during lockdown ? ive done a lot of DIY and turns out i really enjoy it !

OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I learnt to bake !!! I was always of baking.. After 4 failed attempts I finally did it. It was soft and delicious...
Great skill to learn though ! Plus its something that will always come in handy when you want to treat yourself !

Sujata Priyadarshi

Great skill to learn though ! Plus its something that will always come in handy when you want to treat yourself !
Ya it seems so easy when you see others do it, but it is not. My first cake was as hard as a rock, you can break walls with it. As I come to understand, if you miss one step, the end result will be bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaydjaxx and Kjred

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
O.. my.. Lockdown is a bitter sweet time for me but I finally got the time to concentrate on my art and learn a lot of new techniques to paint. My latest post is actually about the lockdown.:blush:

OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
O.. my.. Lockdown is a bitter sweet time for me but I finally got the time to concentrate on my art and learn a lot of new techniques to paint. My latest post is actually about the lockdown.:blush:
The past few months has definitely been a good way to concentrate on a particular subject !

Reactions: Zita

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I was curious if anyone has learnt some new skills or even made their skills better during lockdown ? ive done a lot of DIY and turns out i really enjoy it !

I started this before lock down, but I started learning Indonesian through duolingo. It's day 155 and I'm feeling WAY More confident in it, and I like studying a new skill. It's good to know what it feels like to be a complete noob, and that actually has helped me make the TB videos better.

Reactions: Zita
OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How to use premiere pro, but i dont think ive learned how to grab peoples attention yet.
your work is looking good so just keep up the hard work !

I started this before lock down, but I started learning Indonesian through duolingo. It's day 155 and I'm feeling WAY More confident in it, and I like studying a new skill. It's good to know what it feels like to be a complete noob, and that actually has helped me make the TB videos better.
Thats Great ! ive been trying some sign language. i thought its something practical in every day life

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've learned a few new editing tricks. but the biggest thing I've learned, was to keep off social media. The amount of toxicity due to "covidiots" has made me stay off even twitter now, and as a result, other than being on these forums, I've been spending even more time on editing (and watching some editing tutorials)

I guess I'm also learning "Fact checking" skills in terms of social media :joy: and also "diplomacy" skills...

OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've learned a few new editing tricks. but the biggest thing I've learned, was to keep off social media. The amount of toxicity due to "covidiots" has made me stay off even twitter now, and as a result, other than being on these forums, I've been spending even more time on editing (and watching some editing tutorials)

I guess I'm also learning "Fact checking" skills in terms of social media :joy: and also "diplomacy" skills...
Im 100% with you on social media. Ive deleted all of mine at the beginning of lockdown and honestly became much happier

I've been learning a lot about cooking from my girlfriend... I'm a terrible cook beside pasta though LOL. I finally learned to make bacon (it was burnt) and learned to make burgers (they were under-cooked) :(
Bacon is much better burnt !! but always a good skill to have !

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I've learnt a few things, editing and filming skills. I also learnt to cook more and write
That's pretty cool, was there any specific editing and filming skills you've learned? I'm slowly learning more editing skills, but it's mostly flow. I'm watching some editing livestreams (one called "greg from how to drink") it gets me in the mindset for editing.

JoshKimche

That's pretty cool, was there any specific editing and filming skills you've learned? I'm slowly learning more editing skills, but it's mostly flow. I'm watching some editing livestreams (one called "greg from how to drink") it gets me in the mindset for editing.

Just re learning skills mostly, did a lot of editing a few years ago at college and stuff, but forgot it all. It seems to be muscle memory when it comes back

Reactions: Beanie Draws