• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined Number of Searches per month for a search term

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
The Tubebuddy browser extension for YouTube is an amazing way to do all the SEO research etc, and the weighted part of the keyword explorer is extremely useful. However, myself along with many other creators much prefer to get a closer idea of how many people are searching for a term, rather than just seeing a mark on a diagram with no numbers attached to it, before we go ahead and invest the time into making that video - we want to be certain that people are looking for it. For some keywords, a number of monthly searches is shown and this is extremely useful, however, it is very very rare for this to show up. It would be nice if there was this number for every keyword explored in the explorer, or if there was a graph display showing the search number for that (monthly) over the last 6 months to see whether it is still something worth targeting, as obviously the average monthly searches could seriously fluctuate. This is a feature that I and many others would love to see incorporated into the tool, and I'd really appreciate it if this post could be passed onto the team and looked into. Thank you so much for your time reading this and have a good day :)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The Tubebuddy browser extension for YouTube is an amazing way to do all the SEO research etc, and the weighted part of the keyword explorer is extremely useful. However, myself along with many other creators much prefer to get a closer idea of how many people are searching for a term, rather than just seeing a mark on a diagram with no numbers attached to it, before we go ahead and invest the time into making that video - we want to be certain that people are looking for it. For some keywords, a number of monthly searches is shown and this is extremely useful, however, it is very very rare for this to show up. It would be nice if there was this number for every keyword explored in the explorer, or if there was a graph display showing the search number for that (monthly) over the last 6 months to see whether it is still something worth targeting, as obviously the average monthly searches could seriously fluctuate. This is a feature that I and many others would love to see incorporated into the tool, and I'd really appreciate it if this post could be passed onto the team and looked into. Thank you so much for your time reading this and have a good day :)

This is statistically impossible with the way YouTube let's us use their API there are TRILLIONS of word combinations that could be keywords, and to get a # for each would use all of our API limitations we get from YouTube. We base it off of what has decent search data a month and what our users have shown interest in needing data for. IF the searches per month is not present that's where the search volume graph is your friend, and should be looked at as a traffic light. Red means stop, yellow means yield, and green is good to go.

While I would LOVE this, I sadly understand why it's not possible and we explain it here in this video too:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyLBOyJXD4

Reactions: Octorious
OP
OP
Octorious

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
This is statistically impossible with the way YouTube let's us use their API there are TRILLIONS of word combinations that could be keywords, and to get a # for each would use all of our API limitations we get from YouTube. We base it off of what has decent search data a month and what our users have shown interest in needing data for. IF the searches per month is not present that's where the search volume graph is your friend, and should be looked at as a traffic light. Red means stop, yellow means yield, and green is good to go.

While I would LOVE this, I sadly understand why it's not possible and we explain it here in this video too:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyLBOyJXD4
Great! Thank you so much!