• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Are you starting a channel for the money?

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Many of my friends wanted to become a youtuber. After seeing me as a Youtuber but one thing for sure they are not there to compete with me but just to make money and brag about it. We all know what hapenns next...

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Josh Tan
Your friends have to understand that they are not going to make money overnight. It doesn't work that way. They have to build a following and do what they can to promote their channels. I did not start my channel for money. I started it because I want to share my short stories with other people.
-Jessica

People's Bookkeeper

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Hi Josh :)

They can go ahead and try, and maybe have a 1 in a million shot at growing quickly to the levels that could make them money. But it's extremely unlikely, so don't worry about the money part of it. That takes a long time. Do it for the love of doing what you do :)

OP
OP
Josh Tan

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Josh Tan
Your friends have to understand that they are not going to make money overnight. It doesn't work that way. They have to build a following and do what they can to promote their channels. I did not start my channel for money. I started it because I want to share my short stories with other people.
-Jessica
Very true.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
When I started money was my driving motivation. I knew nothing about Youtube, how it worked, what it took. Heck, I didn't even know how to create channel art, edit videos or even how to record myself. But as I started making videos I started searching for videos on how to edit videos and phones. How to create intros, how to record with a webcam. The more I created the more I learned and eventually I found TubeBuddy and then I understood what I was dealing with.

It's my belief the average person decides to be a YouTuber because they see YouTubers making money and they think it's as easy as hitting record and just saying or doing something they think others will watch and bam, the money just flows. YouTube has changed a lot in the past decade, so have the viewers. It takes more than just a recording and an Internet connection to become a financially stable YouTuber and even those popular today can easily stop being popular at any time and lose their source of income. YouTube is like an ever-changing rollercoaster going up and down constantly always different as you go foward.

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The reason I started YouTube... was for money at first... but then later on, I started to just create content just because I wanted to.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, if I wanted money, I'd just apply for a job :joy: (That being said, if this was before the whole Corvid-19 situation)

So, no. I started YouTube because I liked the platform and the fact that I can express my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think if your intention is to make money, you won't get far in the YouTube world. You have to be passionate about making videos because consistency for years is key

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, if I wanted money, I'd just apply for a job :joy: (That being said, if this was before the whole Corvid-19 situation)

So, no. I started YouTube because I liked the platform and the fact that I can express my opinion.
It's certainly a lot faster and easier just to get a job. People think YouTube is easy money. It certainly isn't.

I've never started anything for the money. if I make money, bonus, but if I ONLY started something for money, it would become a boring job quickly.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started youtube to help my autistic son with social skills and educate people that autism is not always what you think it is. Yes money would be nice however if thatΓÇÖs your only reason then be prepared for disappointment because this is not an easy platform to just get money on a trend. Trends come and go and longevity comes with a good solid foundations of hard work and experience. Many people who do youtube for money try to just get subscribers or take other peopleΓÇÖs work and try to make it their own, rather than coming up with their own ideas. People are very fussy these days and I would rather have three hundred subs that watch everything I post than 5 thousand fake ones. I guess time will tell. DonΓÇÖt be Jealous of them just make good content and youΓÇÖll surpass them with watchtime. Slow and steady wins the race

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Honestly......No not at all, I just love making Content and entertaining others and giving them information.

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
A hobby and a dream to create an impact and touch lives of ppl whom you have never met just feels amazing

Follow your passion in the right way money will come to you

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Many of my friends wanted to become a youtuber. After seeing me as a Youtuber but one thing for sure they are not there to compete with me but just to make money and brag about it. We all know what hapenns next...

I started my journey with YT back in 07 when there was no money, so no. It's a HUGE bonus, but I want to make a brand and leave a message that ANYONE kan do this.

• Love

ANT wong deso

First to be upload on YouTube is just for saving my video......however, if I have a lot of viewer and subscriber, money will come and It will my appreciation

Last edited:

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started YouTube to inspire people and give information to everyone, and money is just a side for me.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
When I started on the Platform in 07/08 I donΓÇÖt think I started making anything till 2010 with one of my first channels... made about a hundred a month teaching people in my spare time to do coding and server emulation stuff.. working with MySQL and all that... I donΓÇÖt think starting with the intent to make money is the right way to go. ItΓÇÖs certainly a nice bonus to the fun though.