• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Have you had one of your videos go viral?

avf28

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you had one of your videos go viral? And if so, what are some tips that led to your video going viral?

I find that to rapidly increase your subscribe count it only takes one video. I'm trying to figure out ways to increase my subscribers by focusing on trending videos with SEO. Thanks!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you had one of your videos go viral? And if so, what are some tips that led to your video going viral?

I find that to rapidly increase your subscribe count it only takes one video. I'm trying to figure out ways to increase my subscribers by focusing on trending videos with SEO. Thanks!

I've had mini vitality (1,000s) of views in hours, but never trending.

Reactions: Damon and avf28

People's Bookkeeper

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star

Trending vids are a great way to grow quickly if you make good vids! Anything to do with celebrities etc usually gets you a lot of views. Personally I don't like those styles much but most other people do. I did a test video a while back and asked my audience to watch the video multiple times, it got a lot of watch time/views but it was from my regular audience, it didn't force it to do much else. The algorithm cannot be figured out or fully understood!

Reactions: avf28

Kales Brown

Never viral, but I do have advice. I have one video about how to get free art supplies that I uploaded at the very end of March and it almost has 300 views, at the time I only had 50 subs and now I have 80, so a lot of views for a channel so small. The video grows in views daily and it was ranked above NerdECrafter who has 1.1 Million subs when you look up "how to get free art supplies". Don't only try for one viral video, maybe find which topics have very few videos made about them, but that you know a lot of people would wonder about and see.

The PE Spot

Subscriber Goal

So all of this SEO and YouTube lingo is still new to me. I recently started using keywords etc and making better thumbnails. The highest view count I have for 1 of my videos is over 316. I would consider that a viral video! Lol

I hope you continue to create great content and people start to notice!

Reactions: avf28

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
A video go viral?
hmmm...

I do have a couple popular videos that have like millions of views. One video is a side-by-side video, another one is a "compilation" I guess you could say.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
We all look for different results. I'm not looking for a viral video but I have a video that is a defacto instructional video for a subject.
And the creator of that technology reached out and added the video to the official documentation and in return, I link to his book and help him sell a few copies every month.

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
I had one video years ago that gained 15k views in 24 hour with subs under 1k, but it was a stop motion video (it took me so long to make it) with popular title at that time and I still got views everyday on it.:blush:

Last edited:

Ca55i31984

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The most I have had was 1500 views and that was awesome to me as I only had around 30 subs back then. I just hit the right spot at the time. I was showing people how to make face mask back when medical staff was in need of mask for Pandemic. Funny thing is, I was just doing it to help out. No SEO, No Keywords, and NO great thumbnail. If I had great SEO and stuff I probably would have done a lot better. I was just trying to solve a problem for people and help out everyone at the time. A great thing that happened besides some views and subs, is people were reaching out for me to make masks. I did free of charge. Of coarse people are amazing and left me donations anyway. So I guess just find a problem and make videos on how to fix it.

sampocker

I try to make videos with an element that has the potential to go viral, but realistically I'm still pretty excited when something gets 200 views in the first week. My bigger play counts were based on my buying ads (which was a mistake). Even the videos that get decent play counts for me (over 1.5k) get little to no engagement. Maybe 9 or 10 likes, few if any comments. I try not to chase anything just for play counts and take something I'm interested in making and find a way that it has the potential to catch on. I'm still struggling with this.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
A video I have has so far clocked up about 4000+ views since late April by accident !! and with quite good engagement. I did not know much then, had not researched as intensively, and did not have TubeBuddy. It was not planned or expected. It was one just of those things.
So what is viral really ?? Other people get that number in a few hours! Which is so good but I am still so excited and happy and always appreciative of all subscribers and viewers even if its 1. I have read the replies above and agree with all of the points.

Dmi3Bals

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I try to make videos with an element that has the potential to go viral, but realistically I'm still pretty excited when something gets 200 views in the first week. My bigger play counts were based on my buying ads (which was a mistake). Even the videos that get decent play counts for me (over 1.5k) get little to no engagement. Maybe 9 or 10 likes, few if any comments. I try not to chase anything just for play counts and take something I'm interested in making and find a way that it has the potential to catch on. I'm still struggling with this.
Why buying ads is a mistake?

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The most views I have on one of my videos is 60 something, not exactly viral but then again IΓÇÖm not focusing on that, IΓÇÖm focusing on giving my viewers something, even if itΓÇÖs just a terrible joke, or cheap crappy entertainment, but primarily giving my viewers some good tips on how to paint or the difference between 2 items etc, but hey if one of mine goes viral then what a bonus!

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
One thing to keep in mind: If you make a video using trending information, and it doesn't match to your content, you might get the spike of subs, but they'll disappear just as quick. Then you wonder why your unsub rate is so high.

I try to cover auto tech, but it relies on getting out to the cars (which is tougher nowadays). I had a couple car videos go viral, and it definitely built up my audience, but they don't come back until another car video is posted.

Reactions: Aaron

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A few years ago when Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was on it's way, I did an analysis of the trailer. Generally I get 1000 views within the first week... but that video got 10,000 views within the first hour/day. It capped off at about 30,000 views after the second day and then started to calm down.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
On an old channel I had a tutorial video go viral to just over 100k views... For that video I answered a question that no one else dd on the platform in the very early days of YouTube and it took off within the community (For the sub-section it was targeted to I'd say it went viral)

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I felt close to it, in a matter of days I had like 2000 views. But then it mysteriously died down. It was around a holiday that I posted this video.