• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

How do you store all the videos you create?

Deciden0w

TubeBuddy Pro
savagebutsimple.business.site
Subscriber Goal
The better cloud services (MSFT, AWS, Google) run at 3x redundancy and have a 99.999999999% of object durability over a year. Your external hard drive has a significantly higher failure rate :)
I guess I have to rethink my storage plan then :sob:. Thank you for the info. I'm sure I will transfer to online but for now, I'm hoping these things survive

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
This is all super helpful. Right now I'm using Dropbox, but at some point I'd like to have externals or DVDs with them backed up, even if it's just the completed video and none of the media that put it all together. Because at some point, YouTube or Dropbox or whatever cloud service is going to disappear (I'm feeling cynical today - that's not a guarantee, of course) and I'll be happy to have them backed up on physical media.

Yoyo

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I am storaging them on an external hard drive after I upload them.

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Have recently just after making 10 videos bumped into that issue myself.
It seems that 1TB is not enough for saving raw and exported footage.
Unfortunately right now I had to upload some to One Drive and delete some as I couldn't keep them all :sob:

Gevoergun1

Another important feature to consider when choosing a language-learning app is its ability to recognize and correct pronunciation, which is crucial for developing speaking skills. If you're looking for reliable and user-friendly OCR software, check out smartengines.com. They offer automatic document scanning and OCR software to help make your language-learning process more efficient and streamlined.

Last edited:

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I honestly just delete them off my computer once I've uploaded them. I rarely ever have a need to keep them, and I can always re download it from youtube studio if I really need them. This way I keep my storage clean, otherwise its just a mess.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I honestly just delete them off my computer once I've uploaded them. I rarely ever have a need to keep them, and I can always re download it from youtube studio if I really need them. This way I keep my storage clean, otherwise its just a mess.
I do the same... I do upload to the cloud and I have lost some good footage over the years. But this does help me to keep things fresh.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I never delete a video. I have many TB of storage. I have going back to 1980s. Once I creat a YouTube video, I store the video in full quality and delete that original files from which the video was created, but keep the finished video. I have countless B-roll videos that I keep.

I will sooner be moving to 4K all the time, so my storage needs are gonna grow a lot.

ThisBytesForYou

Subscriber Goal
I have a 12TB NAS (Network Attached Storage) where I put all my videos. When I need more, I just replace the disks 1 x 1 with Larger disks and then I have more space for more videos, its great... but its not cheap.

ShanitatorWiggy

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just saw this and I was curious as to what others do, my channel has 18 subs right now, and 55 videos I think. After uploading to my channel I just delete the video from my pc. So the only copy is the one I have uploaded to Youtube. Does anyone else do this?

spookyboo

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.scarystorytime.com
Subscriber Goal
DVDs and extranal hard drives. I've thought about a backup youtube account and making everything private but with my luck they would send me a copyright strike on my main channel some how haha joke kind of.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I just saw this and I was curious as to what others do, my channel has 18 subs right now, and 55 videos I think. After uploading to my channel I just delete the video from my pc. So the only copy is the one I have uploaded to Youtube. Does anyone else do this?
The problem with that is if you lose your channel for any reason - the videos are gone. Also, if you download the video from YT, the quality is garbage. You will not get your 4k or 1080p file back.

DVDs and extranal hard drives. I've thought about a backup youtube account and making everything private but with my luck they would send me a copyright strike on my main channel some how haha joke kind of.
Or say you are reusing material ha ha
1f60e.png

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
This is just something I want to throw out there for people looking for storage options. I personally keep all my files stored locally on redundant backup drives, but for those that may want a simpler cloud option, Microsoft One is a great option. For $99 a year you get 6 Terabytes of cloud storage and a year subscription to Microsoft Office along with a couple of other perks. That is $8.25 a month for 6 TB and you get MS Office to boot. Google One Drive cost $24.99 a month for 5 TB.

Ronaldo Pereira

R&K Relaxing Nature
TubeBuddy Pro
musicas-para-relaxar.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm trying to enjoy my videos on other channels I have. I'll leave it for a while while I have space on the HD and then I'll delete the oldest ones. Saving videos in 4K is kind of complicated, as they consume a lot of space

byyzeroh

Subscriber Goal
Having an external/portable SSD for not only my finished vids but also raw footage has become a necessity for me due to how darn big games can be