• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion How Will Coronavirus End?!

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
How/When do you think Coronavirus will end?

IΓÇÖve read itΓÇÖs mainly about waiting for a vaccine which could take a year or longer.

IΓÇÖve heard mention of heard immunity but the odds of that happening soon seem pretty far fetched and not without dire consequences.

Historically we have had similar illness like this last anywhere from about 1-3 years. Though this virus is unlike others.With that being said when/how do you think this will end?

• Wow
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

IΓÇÖve read itΓÇÖs mainly about waiting for a vaccine which could take a year or longer.

IΓÇÖve heard mention of heard immunity but the odds of that happening soon seem pretty far fetched and not without dire consequences.

Historically we have had similar illness like this last anywhere from about 1-3 years. Though this virus is unlike others.With that being said when/how do you think this will end?

In CA our governor is working on a phase re-opening plan, and hopefully that works!

I just want this to be over, and done where we are all safe and can go out again!

Reactions: ASMRSadie

mehbae

belum tahu pasti kapan berakhir,
mari sama sama berdoa semoga keadaan segera pulih

OP
OP
ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
In CA our governor is working on a phase re-opening plan, and hopefully that works!

I just want this to be over, and done where we are all safe and can go out again!
ThatΓÇÖs pretty much where we are at in Colorado. I canΓÇÖt wait until this is over with. We went from a month long stay at home order to a safer at home order. Some business were able to reopen on Monday. I guess the rest on the 8th. But we will see.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
They are saying 12-18 months is about the best we can hope for, in way of a vaccine. A reliable treatment will be more likely, in the mean time. They are talking about herd immunity - but are still not sure that there is an immunity...

Just taking it a day at a time. My wife has the quarantine pass for our house, so I have been nowhere in 8 weeks. Boredom has come and gone ha ha The local government is talking a bout a phased in relaxation of the quarantine, but nothing until after 15MAY. It would be nice to see the airports, buses, and taxis operating again...

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think we will still need to practice social distancing at least until the end of the year. The vaccine is something that takes time and testing to develop. States and countries will reopen but until a vaccine comes out then we need to be cautious and prevent another outbreak.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Australia is opening up again in differant areas, but I don't see them allowing ANYONE into the country seems how poorly some countries have managed the situation, and Australia has the luxury of being an island, so we've gone from 6000 active cases, and have now reduced our numbers down to nearly 500. And still under 100 deaths.

Meanwhile America is ran by a government who keeps meandering between "this is a haox" and "we've got this all under control" meanwhile there's thousands dead, over a million ACTIVE cases, and people are trying to open up when the REALLY should have all locked down. There's no flattening of any curve and I just see the situation getting far worse.

I doubt I'll be going to America again for another 2 years. They just show time and time again that they're more interested in themselves then they do about health. I've heard so many American's going "We're american, we don't care what you think" "We do what we want"

All I can say to my American friends doing the SMART thing is good luck. Your country has a reputation for a reason :/

Reactions: Baz

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here in the Philippines, I'm sure that we have flattened the curve because there are a lot of recoveries, but then again, with the modified enhanced community quarantine in place, there could be more cases.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm one of lifes eternal optimists. So i believe it'll disappear as quick as it came. However, most of that is my mindset. I adapt to situations very quickly and just crack on. So whatever the new normal will be, I'm down with that!

Like most people, its effected my Business outside of YT massively. I do Hen Party (Bachelorette) Cocktail Classes, so i'm reliant on Weddings going on and in the UK, that could be September/October before bigger Weddings crack on. So I've potentilly still got another 3/4/5 months on the sidelines. BUT, the optimist in me has given me so much time to build and crack on with my YouTube stuff!

Reactions: BensTechLab

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal

I am a teacher, we have been told in the UK that school starts 1 June. I have a partner with underlying health issue so I dont intend to start as my family comes first. I feel that our voices are not being heard at all. All some people want is sending us there to be the herd immunity breeder while knowing full well that some of us will die as there is no clear plan for social distancing in school (I teach Primary). I am upset, very upset. Being in the BEMA group makes it more upsetting as we are dying more anywayz. Uhmmmm, i am doing a video on this topic tomorrow, I am sick and tired. Have lost people I know yet I see covidiots not caring.

If you ask me how it will end, I bet we will all be infected with many dying. That is what the major players mindset is like from all indication. Sorry I am ranting now, just having a break down with all that is happening. Youtube happens to be the only thing that is keeping me mentally stable.

thepiedcrafter

Once the vaccine is out, the intensity of the virus will reduce. But as per WHO's best prediction, this virus is here to stay for a few years. The situation is more like pre and post World War, where we need to live with it.

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Nobody knows, when this will end. Even though I miss going to bookstores and the library, I am not going to run back there right away. I am going to wait awhile until it's safe to do so. Even when I do go back to the bookstores and library, I will have to wear a mask and gloves or carry hand sanitizer with me. This is the new normal.
Jessica

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Right now after seeing what happened here in the states during the Memorial Day Weekend I worry we might be already heading toward a second surge.

Due to the fact our spectrum of people is from complete panic to those that think it is hoax (In the US) it will be longer and more drawn out than it needs to be.

This will stop with either a vaccine or a medicine that will prevent the need for hospitalization. As an example we have a flu vaccine every year but people still get the flu and you can take Tamiflu to help alleviate the symptoms. If we had something similar for Covid to keep people out of the hospital we could get back to normal without worrying about overloading the healthcare system.

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
WorldComposting,
I agree with you. Here in New York, Gov. Cucomo said that it could spring up again.
Jessica

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
We'll get a yearly shot like with the flu.

Keep in mind, we all stayed at home to flatten the curve. The reality is, you will get COVID in some way. But with 5 months of data under our belts, the chances of making it through are a lot better.

If you can, continue to stay at home and distance. By the End of Summer, they are expecting the second spike to hit. Along with the flu, that can cause some confusion.

Bottom line: by September we should have enough data for a successful treatment plan when someone is infected (even if no vaccine).

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
We'll get a yearly shot like with the flu.

Keep in mind, we all stayed at home to flatten the curve. The reality is, you will get COVID in some way. But with 5 months of data under our belts, the chances of making it through are a lot better.

If you can, continue to stay at home and distance. By the End of Summer, they are expecting the second spike to hit. Along with the flu, that can cause some confusion.

Bottom line: by September we should have enough data for a successful treatment plan when someone is infected (even if no vaccine).

I think you are 100% right that this is here to stay and we will probably get really efficient at developing new vaccines each year like we are for the flu virus. Unfortunately with how many people this has infected mutations are already popping up.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Australia was at 570 active cases a week ago, now we're at 470 cases. At this rate, Australia should be coronavirus free but late june early july as long as we keep up with our protective measures.

I've been studying America's stats, and while there's STILL 1.14 million active cases, they ARE started to reduce now in daily new cases, which if the rate keeps going, the curve should have been reduced by October or November. But if America gets relaxed and complacent, things could get extended well into next year. But IF America went a little further in measures, the rate or reduction and recoveries WOULD quickly raise. but unfortunatly governments care more about the economy than health.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
In western Canada we are doing quite well. Starting to open up again on June 1st.

But I definitely see that people's patience is growing slim. As soon as anyone heard "opening up a little bit with strict guidelines" all of a sudden there's big groups in the parks and fields again, people having backyard bbqs, etc! Could be a little bit too much too fast... but hopefully not. I would hate to ruin our success by coming out of isolation too fast. I've been working fulltime remote from home for maybe 11 weeks now, I think. That is a decent chunk of time in isolation.

• Love
Reactions: LumberJack_Studs