• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Work In Progress BULK PINNED COMMENT ON VIDEOS!

TheTravelVlogFamily

To further this idea, it would be great if we could schedule a pinned comment on a video is that scheduled to be published. I schedule a ton of my video WAY in advance, and if during the upload process there was a field that i could input what I would want in a pinned comment on that video and when the video goes live, the comment would automatically be there on the video page and pinned without me having to do anything the day that the video goes live.

Reactions: jamesplumberparts

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
To further this idea, it would be great if we could schedule a pinned comment on a video is that scheduled to be published. I schedule a ton of my video WAY in advance, and if during the upload process there was a field that i could input what I would want in a pinned comment on that video and when the video goes live, the comment would automatically be there on the video page and pinned without me having to do anything the day that the video goes live.

This sounds similar to this idea:

If that's what you had in mind! Please vote on that thread :D

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

This sounds similar to this idea:

If that's what you had in mind! Please vote on that thread :D
Just to say, upgraded to 'Legend' status on my Plumberparts account and ran an A/B test over 13 cycles....shows massive improvement on CTR and minutes watched...so that functionality is great. Well done TubeBuddy!

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

Oh yeah, I downloaded A/B testing for my Plumberparts channel. It works really well! Already noticed a 15% pick up on views on the deviation thumbnail/keywords etc. Will roll this out on all my (350+) videos over the next few months!

GaiaFoxInali

TubeBuddy Star
wieghmink.weebly.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure if I'm missing any updates on this. I couldn't find it in the forum or in the TubeBuddy Chrome extension tools - do we have the capability to add or update pinned comments using the bulk edit feature?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure if I'm missing any updates on this. I couldn't find it in the forum or in the TubeBuddy Chrome extension tools - do we have the capability to add or update pinned comments using the bulk edit feature?

Still in the works, we are working on stabilizing a lot of features in the new YouTube studio, so sadly new features have to take a little slow down.

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

Still in the works, we are working on stabilizing a lot of features in the new YouTube studio, so sadly new features have to take a little slow down.
Yeah I understand that the YouTube API might see bulk comment uploading as Spam abd strike your account, so best to get this optimised and running properly before releasing. Thanks for the update!

On another note, the AB testing on thumbnails (and then seperately on description and tags etc) is the BEST tool that TubeBuddy make. I'm going to do a video review about my thoughts and experience on this feature....it's so good and ono average has increased CTR by approx 4% per video...which is insane!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I understand that the YouTube API might see bulk comment uploading as Spam abd strike your account, so best to get this optimised and running properly before releasing. Thanks for the update!

On another note, the AB testing on thumbnails (and then seperately on description and tags etc) is the BEST tool that TubeBuddy make. I'm going to do a video review about my thoughts and experience on this feature....it's so good and ono average has increased CTR by approx 4% per video...which is insane!

Awesome! :D happy to hear this!

Ok, thanks for responding and the update!

Of course :D

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

Hi Guys happy new year and ALL THAT JAZZ!

Hows the dev going on the bulk pinned comment? Just uploaded a new vid and it reminded me how handy this would be!

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

So guys. We're all in lockdown in the UK and I thought I'd have a look at this suggestion and it's progress. I suggested it in July 2019...it became apparent that it might work soon after. How complicated is the YT AIP and the testing process?! This is such a powerful feature...so the question is...has it been canned? Is it possible? If it is when can we expect it to go live? (I imagine you're miles through the testing now?)

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
It hasn't been canned but so many questions about it have come up that we haven't had time to decide and move forward on anything.

1.The biggest fear is that YouTube might consider this 'spam' and potentially put your account in jeopardy. I know it's your own comment on your own video but what if their systems identify a channel posting 500 comments in a 2 minute period? Could that potentially trigger an account suspension? I would think not but when building features, that's something we need to consider and test and ensure 100% that no customers would ever run into issues.

2. I had a fairly long talk w/ the Nimmin's on this during one of their live streams. They pointed out that many people have specific pinned comments on videos that they don't want over-written in a bulk process. How is that handled? Do you keep a separate list of videos that are "do not update" or do you instead have the user manually select specific videos to update each time it's run. Either way, that adds a lot of complexity to the process already.

3. Assuming we make all updates via the YouTube API (which is what we'd have to do), if a video does not already have a pinned comment, there is no way to add one via the API. So we'd have to skip all videos that didn't have an existing pinned comment which could cause confusion to users.

We always want to be upfront with everyone and I can tell you that it's currently not on any of our immediate lists because of these questions/potential problems. I think the first step for us will be to do some research before we start. Based on everything currently going on, I can't even pick a date on that. Best case, a month from now. Worst case, we're having this same conversation in a year :( Again - we LOVE the idea, just some hurdles that keep delaying us on getting it going.

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

It hasn't been canned but so many questions about it have come up that we haven't had time to decide and move forward on anything.

1.The biggest fear is that YouTube might consider this 'spam' and potentially put your account in jeopardy. I know it's your own comment on your own video but what if their systems identify a channel posting 500 comments in a 2 minute period? Could that potentially trigger an account suspension? I would think not but when building features, that's something we need to consider and test and ensure 100% that no customers would ever run into issues.

2. I had a fairly long talk w/ the Nimmin's on this during one of their live streams. They pointed out that many people have specific pinned comments on videos that they don't want over-written in a bulk process. How is that handled? Do you keep a separate list of videos that are "do not update" or do you instead have the user manually select specific videos to update each time it's run. Either way, that adds a lot of complexity to the process already.

3. Assuming we make all updates via the YouTube API (which is what we'd have to do), if a video does not already have a pinned comment, there is no way to add one via the API. So we'd have to skip all videos that didn't have an existing pinned comment which could cause confusion to users.

We always want to be upfront with everyone and I can tell you that it's currently not on any of our immediate lists because of these questions/potential problems. I think the first step for us will be to do some research before we start. Based on everything currently going on, I can't even pick a date on that. Best case, a month from now. Worst case, we're having this same conversation in a year :( Again - we LOVE the idea, just some hurdles that keep delaying us on getting it going.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your considered reply! I'll address each of your points:
1. I remember a program called 'Tube Toolbox' that delayed the sending of messages by 10/20/30 seconds so you could leave the update overnight and getting on with creating content. Is that a possibility?
2. I think you've already fixed this problem with the find and change description function.
3. This really works for both 2 and 3. If you're serious about running a YouTube channel, then you'd happily go through all you videos to sort this out, in conjunction with the 'Find and Change description' feature on pinned comments.

It's a shame that this excellent feature, obviously one of the most popular on this forum, might be canned because you think a) we're too stupid to understand the implications of it and b) you don't think you'd be able to get the messaging right around it so we used it properly. We can all read a warning 'light box' before carrying out an action.

I understand it will also be hard to implement - I design websites too! It'd be nice to know if this is ever going to happen...is it a dead Dodo?

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
As a quick update... we did review all feature suggestions this week and Bulk Pinned Comments was toward the top of the list. So it's definitely getting consideration and I do believe moving higher on the list. We want to knock out a few easier ones first but then hope to get someone on this. So at least it's beyond the stage of being passed up and is currently being discussed.