• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Movies Detective Pikachu!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I just wanted to start the discussion! How much do you know about the Pokemon Franchise? More Specifically the Detective Pikachu Game?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILE5BEyhdo

I thought the movie overall was good! I don't think it's winning any oscars, but it's not trying to. Ryan reynolds REALLY gave more than he had to, and honestly he carries the movie. There is a lot of heart in his acting. I will say the three twists was a bit much, and when detective pikachu starts talking about how Tim's dad would be proud of him, I knew Pikachu was his dad. I didn't know they would end it without Tim finding a pokemon, but I think that leaves room for more films. Overall, I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Beanie Draws

Never played detective Pickachu and stopped playing the games after Pokemon Blue, BUT I did know a lot of the pokemon thanks to Pokemon Go being up to gen 4 now :)
I enjoyed the movie. I shed a tear, but unpopular opinion (maybe spoiler warning) I didn't like the end. The end felt forced and out of place.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
My Pokemon knowledge is limited to most of the movies and maybe a couple of the million seasons they have. I even tried the Pokemon Go game for a bit. But I'm not that big on Pokemon. My kids however are. I'll watch this one when it comes to Netflix or whatever online platform it comes on.