• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Official Who gets credit for referrals and how is it tracked?

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
In this example, we'll say your affiliate code is "Amazing"

That means your affiliate link is https://www.tubebuddy.com/amazing

What happens when someone clicks that link?
  • We place a cookie on their computer saying that they were referred to TubeBuddy.com from the "amazing" affiliate. This cookie does NOT expire.
  • If that person then logs into TubeBuddy.com or installs the plugin and signs into the plugin, we check the cookies on their computer, see that they were referred by "amazing" and the "amazing" affiliate code is forever associated with their User account. If they happen to sign into TubeBuddy with different Google accounts, every Google account that they sign in gets "amazing" applied to it.
  • If that same person then clicks someone else's affiliate link, it will NOT override your affiliate link. Credit always goes to the FIRST person that referred them to TubeBuddy.com. Same goes for you referring someone that was already referred by someone else - the original referrer gets credit.
  • If at any time in the future the person decides to pay for TubeBuddy upgrade, you will get credit. There are no limits on cookies or referral time frames. If you brought that person to TubeBuddy originally, they will always get credit if/when they sign up for a paid license.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I assume it is single level? As in... I get credit for the people I personally get to click, but I do not get any credit for people they get later? (does that make sense?)

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
Phil

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
I assume it is single level? As in... I get credit for the people I personally get to click, but I do not get any credit for people they get later? (does that make sense?)
Correct Tito Tim, single level. Although - our current tracking does let us know who was referred to by who so it is possible to build a 2nd tier pretty easy. We just have to come up with parameters and see what makes sense. For example, maybe we make it available for VIP + Super Affiliates only. What % is pretty standard for 2nd tier affiliates?

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Andrijana Livaja

So do I jsut post this link on my FB page? Im new so Id like to know the best way to post and what to say.
I love TubeBuddy and I do think its great, and this whole program is awesome. :)

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
So do I jsut post this link on my FB page? Im new so Id like to know the best way to post and what to say.
I love TubeBuddy and I do think its great, and this whole program is awesome. :)
Same problem... not sure where to share it, as my audience is so small. I posted in a YT Group on Facebook, and in my timeline. Also I am going through all my old videos working on titles & tags, whilr there I am adding it to the description. In my description I have a default block of info with links to my charity drive, my blog, and music credits. I have added a TubeBuddy link there as well.

I don't use Twitter or Instagram, but those would probably be good too.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Same problem... not sure where to share it, as my audience is so small. I posted in a YT Group on Facebook, and in my timeline. Also I am going through all my old videos working on titles & tags, whilr there I am adding it to the description. In my description I have a default block of info with links to my charity drive, my blog, and music credits. I have added a TubeBuddy link there as well.

I don't use Twitter or Instagram, but those would probably be good too.

You could use TubeBuddy's bulk append tool to add it easily then:

Also you share it where ever you feel makes sense.

TheDirectorsOfGaming

TubeBuddy Legend
YouTube.com
If I refer someone and they install the plugin... then some time later they clear their cookies and then make a purchase, do I still get credited because they've already installed? Or no because they've cleared the cookie?

stefani

www.stefanikang-tango.com
Subscriber Goal
In this example, we'll say your affiliate code is "Amazing"

That means your affiliate link is https://www.tubebuddy.com/amazing

What happens when someone clicks that link?
  • We place a cookie on their computer saying that they were referred to TubeBuddy.com from the "amazing" affiliate. This cookie does NOT expire.
  • If that person then logs into TubeBuddy.com or installs the plugin and signs into the plugin, we check the cookies on their computer, see that they were referred by "amazing" and the "amazing" affiliate code is forever associated with their User account. If they happen to sign into TubeBuddy with different Google accounts, every Google account that they sign in gets "amazing" applied to it.
  • If that same person then clicks someone else's affiliate link, it will NOT override your affiliate link. Credit always goes to the FIRST person that referred them to TubeBuddy.com. Same goes for you referring someone that was already referred by someone else - the original referrer gets credit.
  • If at any time in the future the person decides to pay for TubeBuddy upgrade, you will get credit. There are no limits on cookies or referral time frames. If you brought that person to TubeBuddy originally, they will always get credit if/when they sign up for a paid license.
how do I know my link ?
--- Post updated ---
how do I know my link ?
so my code is "amazing"? i

Paul

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
texturemaster.com
Subscriber Goal
No that's not your code. You need to go create your own code on the TubeBuddy's main website. Hope that helps, -Paul

Ehtisham Muhammad

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
myurdublogger.blogspot.com
Subscriber Goal
I got credit for the referral program. I just signed up for TubrBuddy affiliate program and I put my referral link in my youtube videos description and on my website and get 50 people to install TubeBuddy and I become VIP Affiliate and also got 1 year Star upgrade on any of your channels.
Capture.PNG

yeo0308

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Phil and @Andrew (sorry i think i've posted in a wrong thread) I have friends that installed Tubebuddy using my affiliate link in the Philippines last night. One of my friend bought a 1year Pro version subscription. When I checked this morning(8am) my dashboard was not updated.I downloaded the detailed list from the dashboard but it did not appear there. When Ichecked again this afternoon(2pm) its not updated yet. thanks hoping and waiting for your answer soon. I've uploaded my detailed data.
--- Post updated ---
And this one, somebody bought but i did not receive any commission? those who installed using my link are really counted?

Attachments

• PartnerData.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 494
  • tubebuddy 1.PNG
    tubebuddy 1.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 523

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Phil and @Andrew (sorry i think i've posted in a wrong thread) I have friends that installed Tubebuddy using my affiliate link in the Philippines last night. One of my friend bought a 1year Pro version subscription. When I checked this morning(8am) my dashboard was not updated.I downloaded the detailed list from the dashboard but it did not appear there. When Ichecked again this afternoon(2pm) its not updated yet. thanks hoping and waiting for your answer soon. I've uploaded my detailed data.
--- Post updated ---
And this one, somebody bought but i did not receive any commission? those who installed using my link are really counted?

Replied in the other thread :) Will let @Phil handle it here.

ErnestNusbaum

Although I've been a TubeBuddy affiliate for a while, I recently performed the following test to compare TubeBuddy's effectiveness to my other online presence monetization strategies. I opened every one of my top revenue generators and noted each month's earnings and affiliate commissions separately. To provide myself a visual picture of the affiliate monitoring findings, I ultimately created an Excel spreadsheet with a pie chart. The result made me very happy.