• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Can DAS help improve workflow speed for batch editing and exporting videos?

edisionthomas

Hi everyone,

I’m considering incorporating Direct Attached Storage (DAS) into my video editing setup and am interested in understanding how it might affect workflow efficiency. Specifically, I’m looking at how DAS could potentially improve the speed of batch editing and exporting large video files.

I’ve heard that DAS can offer faster data transfer rates compared to network-based storage solutions, but I’m curious about real-world impacts. Have any of you experienced significant performance gains when using DAS for these tasks? Are there specific configurations or setups that you found particularly effective?

Additionally, if you’ve compared DAS with other storage options, how does it stack up in terms of speed and reliability for video editing purposes?

I’d appreciate any insights, personal experiences, or recommendations you can share.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Jhonleo02

Hi there! Yes, incorporating Direct Attached Storage (DAS) can significantly boost workflow efficiency, especially for video editing. DAS often delivers faster transfer rates than network-based storage, improving batch editing and exporting times for large files. In my experience, using SSDs in RAID configurations provided the best results in terms of speed and reliability.