• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Many Copyright Issues - Start a new channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanton_pd

Hello All

I run a gaming channel for Star Citizen called SpaceBully (https://www.youtube.com/@spacebully) - I got mentioned on one very popular video and I saw my traffic go way up and saw a lot of enagement but then traffic dropped over time. The channel was originally a personal channel for friends but now we plan on using it to promote my gaming org (so we may need to rebrand).

My team is looking at the channel and a LOT (majority) of the videos have copyright restrictions (but not actual strikes) - "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike."

I asked ChatGPT and it told me that even though there are no strikes - copyright's found can hinder channel performance. We would like to see our channel and org grow but not sure if our videos are getting pushed by youtube because "the algorithum hates us" because of all the prior copyright issues.

Can you help me decide what is the best course of action?

Not sure if to leave it alone, remove/mute the song that is copyright issue on all the videos, or just start over (or maybe another option have not throught of.

Best,

Tony

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hello All

I run a gaming channel for Star Citizen called SpaceBully (https://www.youtube.com/@spacebully) - I got mentioned on one very popular video and I saw my traffic go way up and saw a lot of enagement but then traffic dropped over time. The channel was originally a personal channel for friends but now we plan on using it to promote my gaming org (so we may need to rebrand).

My team is looking at the channel and a LOT (majority) of the videos have copyright restrictions (but not actual strikes) - "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike."

I asked ChatGPT and it told me that even though there are no strikes - copyright's found can hinder channel performance. We would like to see our channel and org grow but not sure if our videos are getting pushed by youtube because "the algorithum hates us" because of all the prior copyright issues.

Not sure if to leave it alone, remove/mute the song that is copyright issue on all the videos, or just start over (or maybe another option have not throught of.

Best,

Tony

Responded here:

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hello All

Best,

Tony

Responded here:

Status
Not open for further replies.