• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Disappearing views and Subscribers.

thenodiggardener

TubeBuddy Legend
TubeBuddy User
Hi everyone,

Now whilst I'm aware that people will subscribe, change their mind, and there is the 'people leave' suggestion... YT does still tell us if the person un-subscribing did so through deleting their channel, so out of the SIXTY THREE that have disappeared this year alone only one has actually deleted their account. I also know that YT is unsubscribing friends, and family, as well as the fact that it's doing this to me with channels I'm watching. However, my question is why? How on earth is this platform now so broken that it can't tell the difference between real users and bots? Also, I'm not on a phone when I use the platform either. I don't pay for subs, views, or watch my own channel for views, but whilst it does this it also seriously limits my reach, and shoves my content at totally the wrong audience. I don't even mean a little bit wrong either, but like manically insane wrong.

Surely I'm not the only one this is happening to, am I?

I'm constantly trying to convince myself it's not personal, but it's not doing my mental health much good.

Thanks for checking this out.
Suzanne

SilverSurferTravel

Subscriber Goal
I constantly subscribe and unsubscribe to channels as my mood takes me. I might see a video that I am interested in but don't have the time to watch so I will subscribe. At a later date when I want to manage my subscriptions I will unsubscribe to many of them. Most people who are active on Youtube do the same. I would worry about it. Just get on with doing your videos. What's your channel link?

OP
OP
thenodiggardener

thenodiggardener

TubeBuddy Legend
TubeBuddy User
I constantly subscribe and unsubscribe to channels as my mood takes me. I might see a video that I am interested in but don't have the time to watch so I will subscribe. At a later date when I want to manage my subscriptions I will unsubscribe to many of them. Most people who are active on Youtube do the same. I would worry about it. Just get on with doing your videos. What's your channel link?
Sorry, I did actually reply to you, but it seems my post has been deleted... oh, the irony...