• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Sunset videos

nancytrekker

TubeBuddy Legend
Hi everyone.
Newbie here; forgive me if I sound really green. I'm just trying to figure out a few things.
I see creators with lots of views and subscribers, but only a handful of videos. They mention videos are posted every day. Sometimes there are big gaps in the days posted, so I make the assumption that the creator has removed some videos (which I think is called sunsetting).
What is the theory behind this? Are there guidelines to follow when choosing which videos to sunset? (is. No views past 30 days, low like/watch ratio, low audience engagement, low views, etc.)
Thanks for your help! Nancy

TheTNPickers Show

Subscriber Goal
Hi Nancy, I'll take a stab at it. Sunsetting is for scheduling your video to go private at a certain date in the future. I don't believe that it has guidelines as in low views, low interaction etc. I believe it's best used for things like a promotional video where you might be running a contest to a certain date and once that contest is over the video would go private. Another example might be a product release video that states this new product will be available on such and such date, and you can schedule a new review video of that product to go live when the product is available, and the announcement video saying that it will be available on such and such date would be sunset. Anyway I'm not an expert but I thought I'd chime in and try to help