• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Reused content problem

AngryBirdMalaka

Hi everybody,

I am a french Youtuber and I want to create a US channel with videos I already uploaded for France but translated in English.

I know that YouTube can stop a channel if they think your channel is reused content (even if they are your videos and you only re-recorded your voice in another language).

How can I avoid this problem ?
Use an AI voice instead of mine in English ?

Thanks

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi everybody,

I am a french Youtuber and I want to create a US channel with videos I already uploaded for France but translated in English.

I know that YouTube can stop a channel if they think your channel is reused content (even if they are your videos and you only re-recorded your voice in another language).

How can I avoid this problem ?
Use an AI voice instead of mine in English ?

Thanks

By reused content, it means that the content that you have downloaded or stolen without any consent from other content creators and simply re-uploaded them to your channel... You mentioned that you already have a french channel and would like to post your own content in English to your new channel, and that's all right since it's your own content… I wouldn't worry about the copyright ID claims here since you can always reject them or take them down from creator studio.

However, if you mean by uploading someone else content, then yes, it'll be an issue.

> Use an AI voice instead of mine in English ?

Yes, if you wish to use! Just make sure that you check the option in your creator studio video details settings that you have used an AI or its content to make this video.

1714376167271.png

OP
OP
A

AngryBirdMalaka

Another question : what should I do to make sure YouTube recommends my videos in english in the United States and not in France (where I live) ?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Another question : what should I do to make sure YouTube recommends my videos in english in the United States and not in France (where I live) ?

There's very little you can do about it… It all depends on the searching behavior of your audience and fact that how YouTube pushes your video. It's more about the niche you're targeting than the country… If your current audiences are based in France, and if you have covered a topic that's quite trending in your home country, YouTube will prefer to recommend those videos there as a priority than the rest of the world. Though you can always make sure that the video that you're making are based in English (global language) and try searching for the topics that are trending in that specific country but on other hand, giving the time for the algorithm to settle down your new videos helps. Just keep doing what you have been doing and don't worry about the country it's recommending. It's quite alright if it's recommending that your home country audience. The demographic differs from video to video, so focus on the content, not the country you're targeting.

Reactions: Huma Naseer
OP
OP
A

AngryBirdMalaka

But the whole idea of these videos I did in English is to target American people and the whole world not French people (where I'm from).

In the stats on YouTube Studio I can see they are not recommanded at all (reused content problem because they are exactly the same as the french ones on my french channel but just in english)

Is there a solution with a VPN for example ? Maybe is YouTube not understanding it is meant for an international audience ?