• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Is it worth it to continue a YouTube channel without any kind of promotion?

AltruisticReveal

I started a YouTube channel recently, and I don't know whether it is worth continuing without promoting it. I have a full-time job and am in college, so I have little to no time. I do enjoy making videos and started the channel with the intention of, hopefully, one day making money from it, even if only a little bit. I have no intention of making a job off of it though. I am not on any social networks and do not intend to be. I am trying to promote the videos however else I can, but it is tiresome and is killing my morale and interfering with my job and studies. So, I am considering stopping promoting altogether, and just posting the videos twice/thrice every week without paying any attention to the analytics. My worry is, even if I do not get any subscribers with the promotion, I do get a few views. Now, if I stop promoting and lose the views that I would otherwise get, would it affect the YouTube algorithm in that would YouTube not suggest my videos anymore? If that is the case, is it even worth uploading the videos then? The video-making process takes a lot of time, and I am not sure I should continue if the channel is not likely to grow without any promotion. The niche is kind of saturated, so Keywords do not really help all that much. I would like you hear your thoughts. Thank you in advance.