• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gaming Channel Hi, I'm Al

_Al

G'Day.

(I don't know why I said, "G'Day", I'm not Australian)

Hi. I'm Al. I'm a fairly ordinary guy from somewhere in the freezing north of England. I have an actual job but I guess the reason I'm here is because I don't like it any more and I'm searching for methods to become financially solvent without bleeding out on the altar of capitalism. Coming to a YouTube community with that sort of gambit; well, the irony is not lost on me. Essentially, I want to be able to have the freedom to live without being beholden to my employer. Yeah, I'm here because I want to glean all the information from community experts on how to become an earner on YouTube.

I want to start a YouTube "Let's play" style channel. I'm already incredibly aware this is a saturated niche so I will need something to set it apart. Perhaps that fact that I'm a grumpy old fart, I dunno. I have a gaming website and I have dabbled with posting videogame trailers on YT so far, but I want to do something a little more engaging and not just use the channel as a trailer dump.

Anyway... that's me.

User name: _Al
Title of introduction: Hi, I'm Al
Your name/ Alias: Al
Where are you from? England - but don't worry, I'm really an okay guy.
How did you find TubeBuddy? I search for 'Youtube Forum' on Google.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I want some help in getting started. I am aware this isn't a situation where success is assured or even a situation where success is well defined. Success to one person is different to success for another.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: Diversify income streams.
How frequently do you upload? I... don't.
What are your hobbies? Gaming, I guess. I play a lot of videogames. Anything from city builders to RTS to adventure games. I try to read from time to time. This has fallen by the wayside as if I sit down for too long I get given chores by the aforementioned long-sufferer. I love science-fiction. Huge Star Wars fan. I love Warhammer 40K. I'm prone to bingeing on cool TV shows.
What is your biggest dream? To be my own boss (and live forever)
YouTube Channel Link: Hmm... This is the thing here, and probably my first port of call. Do I keep using the existing channel I have or start a new one? I'll seek those answers on the boards.