• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help I've just wasted 60x30hrs of hardwork...

AngryBirdMalaka

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to launch my YouTube channel but I have a big problem and I really need some help, if anybody has already been there...

I spent 1800 hours (60 videos, 30 hours per video) working hard on creating videos with the goal to make it on YouTube. However, since I launched my channel, my videos almost don't get any views ; I can see on YouTube Studio that my videos are not recommended to viewers and even when I search them to the point of even writing their title in the search bar, several are nowhere to be found.

Here are some elements you need to know that may cause some problems :
- even if I did everything for YouTube not to understand it (to the point of even having a specific phone to upload videos for this channel), I live in Europe and it seems like YouTube doesn't understand that my videos (that are in english) are meant for the whole world, the whole idea is to target an international audience

- I also have a channel and create videos in my native language for my own country (no problem for that channel, the views and the subscribers are ok) and for this new channel I have translated and re-recorded these videos in english, so maybe YouTube has a problem with the fact the two channels have the same videos in terms of copyright ? I have a theory that the reason might be because YouTube thinks it is a plagiarism of my other channel since they are the same videos but in my native language... A problem of reused content maybe ?

- I must say everything is ok in terms of titles, thumbnails, free copyright music and media (it all worked for my other channel that is not in english)

- for the channel in my native language, YouTube still showed my first videos to some people but for this one in english, it isn't showed to anybody

The fact of the matter is this is a very frustrating situation as you might understand, I worked for many hours on every video to be able to have several months of content ready to be published, and right now, I just wasted my time, effort, energy and investment, which really sucks.

What is also very frustrating is that I chose to translate all these videos and re-record them in English to give it a human touch instead of using an AI (in my field of pro wrestling it is something that the channel Ring Rivals does for example, the same videos in different languages all done with an AI voice).

I also must say that in my native country pro wrestling is a very small field and there isnΓÇÖt much sharing between the different channels but that I had a lot of hope with this english channel, with an international audience, that things are different, there are much more possibilities.

If you have any idea about how I can fix this problem to make YouTube recommend my videos, if you have any question about this situation, please let me know and thank you very much if you've read my topic.

Here's the name of my english channel : Wrestling Paradise and you can find it by writing "Wrestling Paradise Dusty Rhodes"

SilverSurferTravel

Subscriber Goal
You said that you created 60 videos. Where are the rest? You won't get much traction with just 2 videos. I am sure I am like many people that when I watch a video from a channel, I want to watch more. If you only have 2 videos, why would Youtube recommend them?

OP
OP
A

AngryBirdMalaka

You said that you created 60 videos. Where are the rest? You won't get much traction with just 2 videos. I am sure I am like many people that when I watch a video from a channel, I want to watch more. If you only have 2 videos, why would Youtube recommend them?

The rest is not published yet because I wanted to have several months of weekly videos before starting that channel. I understand what you say but for my other channel YouTube at least recommended my very first video even if my channel was just starting, there still were "impressions" but not now, no recommandation at all contrary to the beginning of my other channel.

Of course I know it takes time to get an audience but, based on my earlier experience, I also know that there is something wrong if YouTube doesn't recommend a video AT ALL.

Do you think it can be a reused content problem ? Since my english videos are the same than my videos in my native language that I already published, except for the voice in english obviously...

SilverSurferTravel

Subscriber Goal
If you have 2 videos on your channel and people watch them, what video are you enticing them to watch next on the end screen? There aren't any. Youtube will probably not send people to watch your video from Youtube Recommendations if that's the case.

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
If I may add a view points, like others have said you only have 2 videos on your channel so until you add more don't expect too much traffic as YT algorithm will not have much to go on. For example it's taken me years to increase my views and subscribers and I post 2-3 times a week, I know you feel you have spent hours creating videos, but rest assured the style of your videos is a piece of cake and very quick and easy to create compared the work I have to put on on a How To Auto Channel using multiple cameras, drones, lighting and sound equipment.
e.g.
View: https://youtu.be/aN9UIWsAntQ

Although I know nothing about wrestling, I found that when I watched your video, I was wanting to see a little real video footage in between your voice over, however your video is one long voice over with a video playing in the background, so without infringing copyright consider my point, also get a mic or better mic to remove the echo, you will sound more professional.
Good luck and post more on your channel to see what happens.

OP
OP
A

AngryBirdMalaka

The problem is YouTube doesn't even show my videos to anybody (as if there was a reused content problem for example) while, in another channel I creator that was totally new content, it was showed to people. Maybe this can help you understand my situation :

I am a french Youtuber and I want to create a US channel with videos I already uploaded for France but translated in English.

I know that YouTube can stop a channel if they think your channel is reused content (even if they are your videos and you only re-recorded your voice in another language).

How can I avoid this problem ?
Use an AI voice instead of mine in English ?

I would like to get your advice about creating a Youtube channel with videos in english destined for the whole world when you live in a country in Europe.

What should I do to make sure YouTube doesn't show the videos to people in my country but to the entire world ? Should I use a VPN for example ?

Is it possible to upload exactly the same videos that I already posted on my other channel but in native language without Youtube considering it as reused content ? To avoid reused content problems, should I just use another voice (AI for example) for these videos ?

Thanks for your help

OP
OP
A

AngryBirdMalaka

I get the fact that YouTube needs to see more videos on the channel but I am asking for advice/experience about the reused content issue. I cannot be any clearer :

1. Does anyone know how to make sure YouTube shows your videos in english to the US when you are in France and not to French people ?

2. If you create videos in english by only re-recording the voice but with exactly the same images as your original video in french and on a new channel, does YouTube consider it as reused content (even if youΓÇÖre not copying anyone but simply trying to aim another audience) ?

Thanks

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
I get the fact that YouTube needs to see more videos on the channel but I am asking for advice/experience about the reused content issue. I cannot be any clearer :

1. Does anyone know how to make sure YouTube shows your videos in english to the US when you are in France and not to French people ?

2. If you create videos in english by only re-recording the voice but with exactly the same images as your original video in french and on a new channel, does YouTube consider it as reused content (even if youΓÇÖre not copying anyone but simply trying to aim another audience) ?

Thanks
I am not quite sure what you are needing to know, but the videos are discovered by people when they search, not that Youtube decides what country can watch? I have subscribers all over the world, from non English speaking countires, but I did nothing to allow this, it just naturally happened. You allow for subtitles whilst uploading to YouTube through studio.