• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Comments Warnings

KuanYin

I've been using YouTube almost on a daily basis for many years. For me, it's one of the most important websites on the Internet.
I have to admit it the fact that I love making comments. So earlier this year, I received a message from YouTube to say they were
banning me for a week from making comments. The reason - inappropriate language - in other words the use of swear words.
After a week I could post comments again. And so yesterday I got a 'warning' message about using inappropriate language.
If I continued to use this language YouTube was going to ban me completely. Have any of you TubeBuddies faced the same?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I've been using YouTube almost on a daily basis for many years. For me, it's one of the most important websites on the Internet.
I have to admit it the fact that I love making comments. So earlier this year, I received a message from YouTube to say they were
banning me for a week from making comments. The reason - inappropriate language - in other words the use of swear words.
After a week I could post comments again. And so yesterday I got a 'warning' message about using inappropriate language.
If I continued to use this language YouTube was going to ban me completely. Have any of you TubeBuddies faced the same?

Hi there! I haven't encountered this issue personally… but I do know a couple of them that had this issue in the late 2023. As you mentioned that you are indeed involved into making “funny” comments, most of those comments are auto-filtered out, leaving a few which are remained visible for the public eyes. I understand that you love making such jokes or using an inappropriate comment as a banter, but there's a thin line between banter and insults. While I understand that being engaging is crucial and there's nothing wrong with that at all, but for now, I would recommend that you refrain from commenting anything that includes inappropriate language or any sort of swearing as that's against YouTube community guidelines. Since you have already been warned twice… I wouldn't challenge them and continue doing this. All they need is one more reason and this could cost you an entire YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artisan Way

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Also…. There is a high chance that follow commenters have reported or perhaps the channel owner or the content creator under which you have made the comments might have reported your account, thus, your account is in radar and is flagged. My advice? Let's just slow it down a bit and let things cool down, you can always change the way you comment. Let the banter stay, but without inappropriate words or cursing. I know it's possible, many users do that.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Inappropriate language can be different things to different people. It doesn't have to be George Carlin's list of worst words to offend someone. I think that society in general is overly sensitive these days and people need to grow a thicker skin but if you are making comments on someone else's content and then you are having issues when they ban you because you said something that was offensive to them... I mean that's on you. It's their channel, their content and they get a choice in the comments that they are willing and able to accept.