• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to Fix My YouTube Channel? (78k Subscribers)

brinkzz

Hello people,

I own a channel with 78k subscribers. I had content using famous scientists and added some of my analyses and footages, images to his speech.

Everything went great for 8 months until YouTube decided to give me a copyright claim on these videos. I didn't have to delete them, but I did. Not all of them, but most. Now I'm making similar content just using 100% my own content.

Content that I'm making is good and it has potential to go high. But impressions, views, CTR, AVD are all a mess at the time.

Do you think that is because I deleted all these videos that had millions of views?

Should I just keep posting new videos until I fix the algorithm?

Or is it just easier to start a new channel?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hello people,

I own a channel with 78k subscribers. I had content using famous scientists and added some of my analyses and footages, images to his speech.

Everything went great for 8 months until YouTube decided to give me a copyright claim on these videos. I didn't have to delete them, but I did. Not all of them, but most. Now I'm making similar content just using 100% my own content.

Content that I'm making is good and it has potential to go high. But impressions, views, CTR, AVD are all a mess at the time.

Do you think that is because I deleted all these videos that had millions of views?

Should I just keep posting new videos until I fix the algorithm?

Or is it just easier to start a new channel?

My simple question here would be… Does your content align with the copyright content that you posted and took down later?

If the subscribers that you have gained is all due to famous scientist content that you uploaded, then I'm afraid high chance that you might see a tank in your views, subscriber count and engagement since people subscribed to you so they could watch the content that involved the scientist and not you specifically. Here, we can do an experiment and see if your current subscribers would continue supporting you irrespective of what content you post… Make a poll on your community tab and ask them what content they would like to see on your channel. If they're engaging, responding and dropping their suggestion, then it's a green light for you. You just need to do a bit of research, work on your keyword exploration and optimization, and wait for a month or two or three to see how well it's working.

If you notice that there's no growth or improvement at all, then chuck this channel and start from scratch, but before that… do everything you can to revive the channel. Use shorts as a way to attract new audience, however, whatever you do, use the original content and do not fall back again to use copyrighted videos or content that you do not owned.

Reactions: Damon