• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question I have restricted all my content to 18+. Did I just kill my new channel?

Grim

Greetings! I do true crime shorts mostly up till now. My AI images show blood and my topics are about crime and murder, violence stuff like that. I'm sure I need to restrict my content. I'm wondering how to best advertise my videos moving forward. I was going to auto-push them to X, Instagram, Facebook, stuff like that. But with the restriction, I think that's out. I'll probably need to advertise organically where people are interested in historical true crime. Like groups and forums. Does anybody have experience running a restricted content channel?

Tina G

TubeBuddy Legend
Hi Grim, I've restricted mine to 18 because some of the ingredients I show can be dangerous or make you sick. I have a FB group I share YT videos in but only in the comments, not the original post. That's all I have. I have an IG account but thinking I will open a new one for YT promotion.

• Love
Reactions: Grim
OP
OP
Grim

Grim

Thanks Tina G! I subscribed. Is their restricted content on Instagram I wonder or can I just upload my murder videos? Ill have to look! Thanks!!

OP
OP
Grim

Grim

I also learned that if you restrict your shorts to 18+ they are hidden on your YouTube page but can still be found in the YT feed and search. Bummer!

Tina G

TubeBuddy Legend
Thanks Tina G! I subscribed. Is their restricted content on Instagram I wonder or can I just upload my murder videos? Ill have to look! Thanks!!
I am not sure about IG. I was told never post directly on FB always put in comments.

Reactions: Grim