• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Shorts and Copyright Question

Zilla

grapplezilla.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi,

How strict is YouTube with copyright on Shorts?

I would like to make a Short on a sports match where I show a play and then I make a breakdown (with content on the video) and I am really trying to find out if doing a Short like that would be able to be monetized and if not, will that short get my channel suspended?

Any advice would gladly be appreciated!

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
Upload your short but do not make public, just allow YT to check if it found your content an issue or not. Then when all is good hopefully you can post and monitise. I use this method when I am using music that could be classed as copyrighted even though I edit the song just in case.

Reactions: Zilla

digipresence

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I normally make shorts from my own long videos, but youtube allow (with creators permission) to remix their videos. But I agree to check the copyright status for first few hours. However, this does not guarantee that you wont get the strike in future as people can initiate the strike later also if they find out. Best way is to use your 100% original content.