• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Interpreting TubeBuddy's Keyword Explorer Results

phantom

Hi

I have seen different video tutorials on this, and they differ in opinion leaving me confused.

When I search for a keyword in the Keyword Explorer on TubeBuddy, in the weighted section, I get to see the overall score, search volume, competition and optimization. I am confused about the last two.

If the competition shows 'Excellent' what exactly does it mean for ME? Does it mean that out there, the competition for this video is very high and I will have a tough time ranking? Or does it mean that competition is poor and 'excellent' means that I have a good chance of getting views and ranking? In other words, the word 'excellent; is meant for me/my channel?

Same for optimization. If it shows 'Poor', does it mean other YouTubers are not optimizing properly so I have an opportunity? Or does it mean others have done great optimization and so I have a poor chance at beating them in optimization?

Thanks

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi

I have seen different video tutorials on this, and they differ in opinion leaving me confused.

When I search for a keyword in the Keyword Explorer on TubeBuddy, in the weighted section, I get to see the overall score, search volume, competition and optimization. I am confused about the last two.

If the competition shows 'Excellent' what exactly does it mean for ME? Does it mean that out there, the competition for this video is very high and I will have a tough time ranking? Or does it mean that competition is poor and 'excellent' means that I have a good chance of getting views and ranking? In other words, the word 'excellent; is meant for me/my channel?

Same for optimization. If it shows 'Poor', does it mean other YouTubers are not optimizing properly so I have an opportunity? Or does it mean others have done great optimization and so I have a poor chance at beating them in optimization?

Thanks

If you're a paid user, you should always check your weighted score. That's more tailored to your channel-specific and will provide you with a more detailed analysis.

If the search volume is in green, it means that you have decent keywords that are being searched on a regular basis. When it comes to competition, if it's Poor, that indicates that you have very high competition for this specific term in the market. There are a lot of videos that have covered this topic, and in order to enter the market, you will need a specific view that will show up when you check your weighted score.

Optimization strength indicates the opportunity that you have to optimize your videos. If it's on the red side, it means that almost all the competitors out there have optimized their content, and there's little to no space for you to get lucky when it comes to optimization. However, if it's set to good, it means that you have the upper hand when it comes to optimization. There is a high chance the other content creators have not optimized their videos much, so if you do optimize your videos and all other factors, such as AVD and CTR, are you on your side… you can definitely stand up against them in search engines.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hi

Thanks

If you're a paid user, you should always check your weighted score. That's more tailored to your channel-specific and will provide you with a more detailed analysis.

If the search volume is in green, it means that you have decent keywords that are being searched on a regular basis. When it comes to competition, if it's Poor, that indicates that you have very high competition for this specific term in the market. There are a lot of videos that have covered this topic, and in order to enter the market, you will need a specific view that will show up when you check your weighted score.

Optimization strength indicates the opportunity that you have to optimize your videos. If it's on the red side, it means that almost all the competitors out there have optimized their content, and there's little to no space for you to get lucky when it comes to optimization. However, if it's set to good, it means that you have the upper hand when it comes to optimization. There is a high chance the other content creators have not optimized their videos much, so if you do optimize your videos and all other factors, such as AVD and CTR, are you on your side… you can definitely stand up against them in search engines.

Kevs guide

Can anyone please direct me to some good videos on using the keyword research tool.

I have tried plugging in a few different keyword search terms and even going to the most basic level of just like 1 keyword everything I'm trying is not a good result and so I'm at a loss as to where to go from there.
I was guess I was hoping to find some keywords that had a lot of search traffic and then drill down from there

My niche is helping people doing affiliate marketing or network marketing that are struggling to get results

Kevs guide

he was asking about this and i find it confusing too, i watched the video on this and when there worre more competitors, it went green seems backwards to me

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
he was asking about this and i find it confusing too, i watched the video on this and when there worre more competitors, it went green seems backwards to me

If the competition is ΓÇ£greenΓÇ¥ or ΓÇ£ExcellentΓÇ¥ then it's a good indicator. It means that there are not many people who are focusing on that very keyword. Do you mind providing me with the keyword that you're looking up so I can check once?