• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Question TubeBuddy for Musical Groups

hitmanbluesband

Hi all,

I had a one on one conference with VidIQ regarding using their paid service. The guy spend about 30 minutes with me, and was very honest. He said their methods wouldn't really work for a musical group, because the chances of someone looking generically for something that would bring us up are remote. Most people who use YouTube are looking for something specific - a lot of "how to" (of which there are tens of thousands already, I've done some myself) or reviews of things like products. When people are looking for music, they generally search for a specific band or song. While your band might get right side listed, there is not much chance it will get clicked on because the viewer is probably looking for specific versions.

I appreciated his honesty. He could have said "Well, pay our monthly fee and try it for a few months to see what happens." Instead, he gave me some suggestions (for free) but made it clear that I wouldn't get the results I want using their service.

So, how about TubeBuddy? Would it be helpful for our situation (original Modern Blues, with some covers but done in our own style)? We built up subscribers using IG and Twitter, but haven't gotten many more since that campaign.

Thanks.

- Russ

OP
OP
hitmanbluesband

hitmanbluesband

Thank you for the quick response. Apparently, I already had TubeBuddy on my Chrome browser, but wasn't using it. I went through the onboard videos using one of my channels. Unfortunately, many of the features covered in the onboard videos are not available to test for free.

Can you give me the names of some of the musical groups that have used TubeBuddy successfully? It's not that the yearly fee is that much, but I've "Kissed a lot of frogs" and would like to actually see how it has helped other musical groups. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: tackidusty