• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What is the diffence between language English and English USA?

klabacita

Hello.

I'm working with my videos and adding subtitles in other languages.
My doubt is related to language english, on the list appear:

English
English(United States)

Some one, knows the difference?

Thanks!!!

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
Im not sure what you are asking, English is from UK and English USA is states, thats all. English UK has different spelt words like colour etc. as well as different date display, but there is not much difference

MarekW

Contrary to appearances, there are quite a lot of differences. In addition to those mentioned above, there are many different words for many things. Many of the same words have different meanings in American and British English, and in turn there are many different words that describe the same object/action, etc.

There is no need to mention pronunciation, accents, etc., because what British people have done to the English language is difficult to describe in words other than disaster and disgrace. :)))

Reactions: Pezbollah

Pezbollah

The "English (United States)" refers to the English spoken/written in the United States.

"English" is not defined but from what you had written, it seems to mean English that is spoken/written outside the United States. This is vague because English is used in Great Britain, in Australia, in Canada, in Jamaica, and even in India, and all are different to some degree.