• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Wanting to be a YouTube Let'splayer

BlueDragon

Hello. So I've always wanted to become a YouTube Gamer, as I enjoy playing games and sharing my opinions but I've never had the knowledge of what kind of equipment I would need or how to even start. So I was hoping I could get some advice on how to capture gameplay and how to do a face cam capture.

The consoles I have are as follows.

Xbox Series S though I'll be upgrading to Xbox Series X eventually

PS5 with PSVR 2

Nintendo Switch

And the other console I play on a lot is a Steam Deck.

I would really appreciate some advice on how I would capture the gameplay for each console if possible. Thank you in advance.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello. So I've always wanted to become a YouTube Gamer, as I enjoy playing games and sharing my opinions but I've never had the knowledge of what kind of equipment I would need or how to even start. So I was hoping I could get some advice on how to capture gameplay and how to do a face cam capture.

PS5 with PSVR 2

Nintendo Switch

I would really appreciate some advice on how I would capture the gameplay for each console if possible. Thank you in advance.

Your best option for this kind of situation is a capture card like the Elgato capture card below which is one of the more popular ones. There is also a 4K version if you want to go that route. This will allow you to record gameplay on all these devices though the Steam Deck and Switch will require a dock to work with it. You'll also need a PC for the editing and storing of the videos recorded. If it was PC gaming then OBS would work fine which I believe you can use with the Elgato device to record to your PC. I have one of these though I've never used it cause I'm a PC gamer.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: HealthyTiffany

HealthyTiffany

Subscriber Goal

PS5 with PSVR 2

Nintendo Switch

BraveStarr left a great answer above, but I just wanted to add on and say that OBS on a PC can also take care of your face capture. I personally use my phone as a webcam for OBS, and there are free ways to go about it, or some premium plans that would cost way less than buying a webcam that may/may not be above the quality of your cell phone.

The bottom line is, you need to have a capture card to record any type of gameplay from a console unless you're live streaming.