• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why are videos dying off quickly after upload?

angelkitchen

I don't understand why my long-form videos are treated as shorts, in that they gain views in the first few days, then slow down, then almost stop altogether.
All my channel views are happening from my new uploads, whilst my old uploads get absolutely forgotten and thrown into the grave.

We know this happens with shorts, and that's just how they function, but for some reason, it happens with my long-form videos too, and I ONLY post long videos.

Any ideas?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The answer is quite simple really. Your channel is new. You've only been uploading content for the past few months and only have around 25 videos uploaded. You haven't had enough time and enough content to allow the YouTube algorithm to share your content with a larger audience. The fact you're getting views at all is good. It means you're on the right track. But YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time. You have to have patience and not get frustrated with the fact that you're not seeing instant satisfaction.

Set some goals. Upload at least 30 video your first 3 months. Then try again for the next 3 months. If you can hit 100 videos in 12 months this will help the algorithm get enough data from your channel so it can better determine who your audience is and start sharing your content more often and to more people. But you gotta have patience. Otherwise you'll just frustrated.

Here's a great video to check out to explain it better. Roberto is da man.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzvj_Fbw1nY