• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Ways subscribers support my channel?

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I do not want to earn through YPP. I want to offer my subscribers a way to support me directly. YouTube's SuperThanks is a joke. They steal 30% of the money the person intended to give to you, and most people do not even know it exists or how to use it.

I would rather not go through a third party, but have supporters send donations directly to me. What us a good way to do this? PayPal? Venmo? CashApp? Other?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I understand what you're saying. But you're ignoring one very crucial thing about YouTube. You don't pay to use YouTube. YouTube is free. There are no fees to join, there are no limitations of how many videos you can upload or how often. They provide you a service you can use at no extra cost to yourself and in the process they pay you if you are part of the YPP just to make videos people want to watch. I would think it would be fair for them to benefit from some of the money you make too. But that's just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Nothin' But Gadgets

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I understand what you're saying. But you're ignoring one very crucial thing about YouTube. You don't pay to use YouTube. YouTube is free. There are no fees to join, there are no limitations of how many videos you can upload or how often. They provide you a service you can use at no extra cost to yourself and in the process they pay you if you are part of the YPP just to make videos people want to watch. I would think it would be fair for them to benefit from some of the money you make too. But that's just my opinion.

I do not disagree with you, but here is the thing. They are billionaires, and I am practically homeless. I am sure THEY can look out for their own interest, and they do need me to "Protect" them at harm and sacrifice to myself. In recent years, YouTube has done everything to hurt creators' earnings while blowing smoke in our faces about how much they care about us. I have watched my earnings go down over 90% in the last two years from YPP.

YouTube does nothing but Look Out For Themselves. Why is it that you think I need to look out for them as well? I think YouTube can look out for its own interest, and I expect them to do that. But to expect me to look out for their interest at harm to myself is, I think, an unreasonable expectation. They look out for themselves, and I look out for myself, and if they don't like how I do business, they can tell themselves. Sounds like a much more logical and rational course, don't you think?

Do you have any advice along the lines of the actual question that was asked?

Reactions: jlebatelsier

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do not disagree with you, but here is the thing. They are billionaires, and I am practically homeless. I am sure THEY can look out for their own interest, and they do need me to "Protect" them at harm and sacrifice to myself. In recent years, YouTube has done everything to hurt creators' earnings while blowing smoke in our faces about how much they care about us. I have watched my earnings go down over 90% in the last two years from YPP.

YouTube does nothing but Look Out For Themselves. Why is it that you think I need to look out for them as well? I think YouTube can look out for its own interest, and I expect them to do that. But to expect me to look out for their interest at harm to myself is, I think, an unreasonable expectation. They look out for themselves, and I look out for myself, and if they don't like how I do business, they can tell themselves. Sounds like a much more logical and rational course, don't you think?

Do you have any advice along the lines of the actual question that was asked?

I feel ya. Yes, they are billionaires, but this is how they became billionaires. By making business moves that made them money. Companies are not out to help us, they are out to make money for themselves. The fact that we can use YouTube and provide an income for ourselves without having to pay them for it is an amazing thing to say the least. Content creators have the ability to make money by making content and uploading it to YouTube or social media. They can join a program like the YPP or a social media equivalent and get paid just to upload content. They can get donations, Patreon and even merch. These are things most people can't do without paying some kind of fee. The fact all this can be done with nothing but a phone a YouTube account and an email is amazing. And all thanks to Google having billions. After all, they have to be able to maintain the servers that the site runs on and make improves down the line.

YouTube is a business. Their purpose is to make money. You're taking advantage of a service provided free to make money but somehow don't feel you own them anything. Yes, thanks to your content they make money, but it's also thanks that they provided the service that you also made money.

There are alternatives. This video talks of one particular alternative to YouTube. Maybe this might interest you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rbA4Se4-z8

OP
OP
Nothin' But Gadgets

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Again, I think YouTube does well enough looking out for their own interest. They are business, and they look out for their interest. You accept that without question. However, I am also a business, and for some reason, you seem to think it is wrong for me to want to look out for my business. It seems like a double standard from where I am sitting.

Please don't get offended, but I really don't think YouTube needs your help to look out for their interest. Unless, of course, you are on their payroll and you were hired to defend their policies online. Then it would make sense that you are here, not answering my question, but trying to plead YouTube's case. Just calling it as I see it.

How about you stop derailing my question on your personal crusade for YouTube, and actually try to answer my question? If you are going to engage with me, stop trying to be my Mom. Okay? I have a mom, and you are not her. It is not going to go well if you take that course.

Now, I asked a very easy-to-understand question. It had nothing to do with how we can support YouTube or what other platforms I can create content for. If you have some advice along the lines of what my question was actually about, I would like to hear it.

Last edited: