• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Explain watch h numbers to me please

everythingfiber

I┬┤m new to the YouTube thing, just uploaded my first Video a week ago and try to figure out what that watch hour numbers mean.
Uploaded 2 videos so far, both public and no restrictions applied.
If anyone can explain why they differ, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

This is the watch time h in overview on Youtube Creator: 302.2h

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 08.18.01.png

watch time h I see when I click the moneytization tab: 8h

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 08.18.16.png

watch time h I see when I click on the video analytics for one of my videos: 360.2h

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 08.18.48.png

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I┬┤m new to the YouTube thing, just uploaded my first Video a week ago and try to figure out what that watch hour numbers mean.
Uploaded 2 videos so far, both public and no restrictions applied.
If anyone can explain why they differ, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

This is the watch time h in overview on Youtube Creator: 302.2h

View attachment 14176

watch time h I see when I click the moneytization tab: 8h

View attachment 14177

watch time h I see when I click on the video analytics for one of my videos: 360.2h

View attachment 14178

I have heard that there are some ongoing issues from YouTube pertaining to watch hours updates. As you have mentioned it has already been a week since the video was uploaded, in this case in normal case your watch hours should have been updated considering the 48-hour data lag but seems that isn't the case here.

I'd recommend tweeting this issue to TeamYouTube on Twitter so that they can investigate this further: https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube

OP
OP
everythingfiber

everythingfiber

Thanks for your answer, its now at 40h at the moneytization tab, so seems to be an update delay.
Does the number on the overview equal what should be displayed for moneytization?

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your answer, its now at 40h at the moneytization tab, so seems to be an update delay.
Does the number on the overview equal what should be displayed for moneytization?

The tab will only display the public-watch hours that you have accumulated in the period of 365 days, excluding the hours that you have gained through Shorts, as that's not considered for the YPP. The delay seems to be normal to me, honestly. Suppose you have gained 20 hours today; the hours will be updated post 48 hours, so probably on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Most of the time, it gets updated around 9 am GMT but it can different sometimes.

yoitzmekami

In my case, it's showing the wrong number as well which hasn't been update for weeks now (even tho its below monetization threshold after the update).

OP
OP
everythingfiber

everythingfiber

Me again, yesterday I had a look at my stats and was wondering what numbers are right...
The first one is the overall watch h youtube shows me.
The next three are for each of my 3 videos I┬┤ve postet so far.
When I add those watch h numbers it┬┤s higher than what youtube tells me.
Again a delay thing? The overall number hasn┬┤t been updated for about 4 days, the numbers per Video update daily...
Thanks for your help :)

Attachments

• YouTubeWatchh.jpg
    YouTubeWatchh.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 39

UlterMonster

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I believe the watch hours is 48h hours delayed and only public content count no live videos or short hours