• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Food Problems with thumbnails in Google images

ChefKevinAshton

I'm new to the forum and not sure where to post my questions, so apologies in advance.

I'm very close to the threshold of being able to apply for monetization. I have 1,753 subscribers and 2,994 public watch hours last 365 days.

But my focus is distracted by a recurring problem in google image results. I have found my thumbnail has somehow got attached to other people's videos.
When I click on my thumbnail The expanded view is attached to other people's video's so when I click on the expanded view it goes to other people's Youtube videos.
I have complained to both Google and also to Youtube because my thumbnail copyright is being breached but also I'm losing views from Google searchs at the very worst time.
Has any other TubeBuddy member had this problem? In the last couple weeks this has happened 4 times connecting my thumbnail to 4 different sauce videos.
So fat both Google and Youtube have been useless in communicating and helping me.

Screenshot 1.jpg

axelelyyy

Welcome to the forum! No need to worry about being new here; we're all here to support each other. Congratulations on reaching the threshold for monetization with your impressive subscriber count and watch hours! Now, let's address the recurring problem you're facing with your thumbnail appearing attached to other people's videos in Google image results. I understand how frustrating and concerning this can be, especially when it comes to copyright infringement and potential loss of views. While I can't speak on behalf of other TubeBuddy members, I can offer some suggestions to help you tackle this issue. First and foremost, it's great that you've already reached out to both Google and YouTube about the problem. However, if their responses have been less than satisfactory, there are a few additional steps you can take. Consider reviewing your video settings and metadata to ensure there are no unintentional connections or tags that may be causing this issue. Additionally, you might want to explore the possibility of watermarking your thumbnails or adding a visible branding element to deter misuse. Finally, engaging with the TubeBuddy community and seeking advice from other experienced creators might provide valuable insights and solutions. Keep persisting in your efforts to resolve this matter, and don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or need assistance. Good luck, and I hope you find a satisfactory resolution soon!

SIERRATUBE

As long as I'm concerned, this is new to me. I've never heard of someone's thumbnail applying to another's video, I don't think YouTube would make such mistake, I think it's best you check your device and try again. What i have seen and has happened to me is my added thumbnail being subtracted and YouTube generated thumbnail being showed

SIERRATUBE

But if you think this is really a problem, the best you can do is reach out to YouTube support centre and explain to them in detail. I believe they would be delighted to help

Mathew_pro

Hello my name is mathew am a full time youtube channel manager and I had over 6 years of experience in the field

I read and understood what the problem is and I would like we discuss more better when you're able to se