• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Honestly, do you find my recent video about Happiness Hormones valuable? Please give your thoughts and suggestions :) How do you like storytelling and

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
User name: sanja_psychologist
Title of thread: Honestly, do you find my recent video about Happiness Hormones valuable? Please give your thoughts and suggestions :) How do you like storytelling and video tempo/visuals? Thank you
Self review: I am a psychologist and strive to create engaging videos that provide useful info for my subscribers to use in everyday life improvement and personal development. I carefully research each topic and don't post superficial content, because I want to give meaningful messages and insights. I see similar content rocking on YouTube, but I struggle with algorithm. Can you please be honest about this video with me it will mean a lot to me.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwBudjHcW_M&t=5s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43812/post-173871

Amy@truestoriesonly

Hey there! I watched your video and have some feedback. First, IΓÇÖd like to say how amazing I think the media is on your video. ItΓÇÖs very engaging. I also think the content is very interesting! One suggestion I have is that you break this video down into smaller bite-sized chunks. ItΓÇÖs A LOT of information that may seem to overwhelming to the viewer. Also, IΓÇÿd suggest changing the music a bit- I believe that you are going for a calming effect, but you might want to consider something a bit more upbeat (also, I believe the music is a bit too loud, at times it was hard for me to hear your voice). Overall, this content is very informative- it almost felt like a mini-course to me (which is good because you are teaching something very important)! ThatΓÇÖs why I suggested breaking it down into smaller videos.

Reactions: sanja_psychologist

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
Title of thread: Honestly, do you find my recent video about Happiness Hormones valuable? Please give your thoughts and suggestions :) How do you like storytelling and video tempo/visuals? Thank you
Self review: I am a psychologist and strive to create engaging videos that provide useful info for my subscribers to use in everyday life improvement and personal development. I carefully research each topic and don't post superficial content, because I want to give meaningful messages and insights. I see similar content rocking on YouTube, but I struggle with algorithm. Can you please be honest about this video with me it will mean a lot to me.

Link to Video:

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43812/post-173871
The video production looks great and well put together (what software is that, DaVinci?) Lots of slick B-roll to tell the story and importantly keep the audience engages with moving images with a soft, calm look to the video.

A couple of points from me, the thumbnail image although calm looking and beautiful kind of suggests that this will be a presentation stand up with the microphone in the shot. The use of the B-roll although well done, I think personally these days is over used and I find that I get a feeling of fakeness when I see videos in this style as they are 3rd party stock images that are not created by the video creator, so perhaps try making your own B-roll images to supplement your videos instead.

Apart from the above, you are heading in the right direction, check your analytics to see what viewers like and what videos are your most popular, to try and focus on doing more the same. Well done.

sompino

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

Link to Video:

sanja_psychologist, coming from a science background as well as having issues with anxiety and bouts of depression, not only did I like the video, i truly want to say thank you for what you are doing. I am immediately following you now. The scientist in me is so grateful you are delivering this message. For the video itself, it was excellent:
1.) the editing is clean and crisp
2.) the music is perfect for the message
3.) your delivery keeps me calm and actually paying attention

my ONLY thing i noticed is that it would be nice to have subtitles or captions as this is a lot of information and your voice is so peaceful, I found myself so calm and relaxed and missing some of the important points. that is literally it. amazing work!

sompino

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
1699620578714.png

OP
OP
sanja_psychologist

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
Hey there! I watched your video and have some feedback. First, IΓÇÖd like to say how amazing I think the media is on your video. ItΓÇÖs very engaging. I also think the content is very interesting! One suggestion I have is that you break this video down into smaller bite-sized chunks. ItΓÇÖs A LOT of information that may seem to overwhelming to the viewer. Also, IΓÇÿd suggest changing the music a bit- I believe that you are going for a calming effect, but you might want to consider something a bit more upbeat (also, I believe the music is a bit too loud, at times it was hard for me to hear your voice). Overall, this content is very informative- it almost felt like a mini-course to me (which is good because you are teaching something very important)! ThatΓÇÖs why I suggested breaking it down into smaller videos.
Thank you soooo much for your review. I agree about smaller chunks, and that music play a crucial role so I will think about it more :)

OP
OP
sanja_psychologist

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
sanja_psychologist, coming from a science background as well as having issues with anxiety and bouts of depression, not only did I like the video, i truly want to say thank you for what you are doing. I am immediately following you now. The scientist in me is so grateful you are delivering this message. For the video itself, it was excellent:
1.) the editing is clean and crisp
2.) the music is perfect for the message
3.) your delivery keeps me calm and actually paying attention

my ONLY thing i noticed is that it would be nice to have subtitles or captions as this is a lot of information and your voice is so peaceful, I found myself so calm and relaxed and missing some of the important points. that is literally it. amazing work!
Wow thank you @sompino I am so glad you found my channel and thank you for subscribing and your review :) I found program for subtitles and I just published new video with subtitles, you can check it it really looks better with subtitles, and I will be uploading more frequently in 2024 :)

OP
OP
sanja_psychologist

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
The video production looks great and well put together (what software is that, DaVinci?) Lots of slick B-roll to tell the story and importantly keep the audience engages with moving images with a soft, calm look to the video.

A couple of points from me, the thumbnail image although calm looking and beautiful kind of suggests that this will be a presentation stand up with the microphone in the shot. The use of the B-roll although well done, I think personally these days is over used and I find that I get a feeling of fakeness when I see videos in this style as they are 3rd party stock images that are not created by the video creator, so perhaps try making your own B-roll images to supplement your videos instead.

Apart from the above, you are heading in the right direction, check your analytics to see what viewers like and what videos are your most popular, to try and focus on doing more the same. Well done.

Hi, thank you so much for review. I use Filmora 12 now, but I am thinking about Da Vinci (but it is little bit more complicated - but provides really nice video color). I haven't tried Premiere Pro. What software you use and recommend? Yes, I agree to have more my own b-roll, but when my kids are all over the place hehe, I then use 3rd party stock videos.

Bookish Olive

Subscriber Goal
I am 60 year old with ADHD. For me, the combo of talking, background music, and so much information was a bit overwhelming. Each component was fine on its own- beautiful music, calm voice, animated text/graphics, good information, but altogether, too much for me. I agree that maybe shorter chunks such a a 4 part happiness series, to keep 'em coming back?