• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help No Comments with a side order of low views.

Rasec

TubeBuddy User
I was about to pay the $72.00 for the rising star special when I thought to myself. Is this the best choice for my YT channel?
Well is there any advice for this frustrated You-Tuber? Because either YT sucks or my videos suck! I been at this for three years, so You-Tube suck! LOL, LOL :-(
I got skills you know? Just not in video making.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I was about to pay the $72.00 for the rising star special when I thought to myself. Is this the best choice for my YT channel?
Well is there any advice for this frustrated You-Tuber? Because either YT sucks or my videos suck! I been at this for three years, so You-Tube suck! LOL, LOL :-(

Hey! Hope you're doing well.

I totally understand where you are coming from, and this frustration is totally normal! At the moment, I'd recommend you take a short break and get yourself recharged up. 3 years without a break is a long time, and, remember, YT is just a side hustle which we all do until it can be our bread-butter. YouTube is quite competitive in nature, there's nothing to hide about that; However, as and when time goes by, we need to start thinking differently. It's not about views anymore; it's about what sort of content you make that makes you unique so that you can make your current subscribers hook, which overall boost the algorithm and pushes your channel to a wider audience.

If you can, link your YouTube channel to your forum profile ( for reference, you check this - https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/180/ ) , our community can give it a check and give you some feedbacks or insights that might help you.

Additionally... It's not about which license you to use or subscribe to! Of course, the better the tools at your disposal to use, the ease your YouTube journey will be, and, if anything, I'd recommend you a Legend license because of its prominent features such as A/B testing, Thumbnail Analyser, and so on... But, I'll leave that decision up to you which license you feel can help you better. Below is the video that will help you understand which license will be appropriate for you according to your channel needs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_eO3HwGwI

I'll move this thread to YouTube discussion as this topic fits more for discussions in that section rather than in the TubeBuddy question.

Reactions: Rasec

mimmo academy

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
First of all you need to make a good content, then you will decide to spend money for these or no

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What? your grammar is very bad. I could not understand what your trying to say.

Please don't be rude to members trying to provide some help. Not all of our members can speak perfect English. Next time let them know you couldn't understand what they said and if they can explain it better. Also check your own grammar before criticizing someone else.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal

Let me spell it out for you. To understand where we are today, you must understand history and human nature. Historically, the only people who got screen time were actors in movies and TV shows. These people had to work their way up through the ranks to reach stardom. In other words, they had to EARN it. Becoming a famous actor was something of an elite class of people and you did not get there without paying your dues so to speak. Then along came YouTube. YouTube was the first free online streaming place normal people could upload videos. YouTube's original slogan was "Broadcast Yourself." It was the first time a regular person could get screen time with the public, WITHOUT jumping through the Hollywood hoops to "Earn" the right to be seen.

At first, the concept was sluffed off as a fad because nobody thought that anyone would be interested in seeing content produced by nonprofessionals. Also, the internet was young, and bandwidth was a premium. Digital cameras were really expensive and not very good and converting analog video to digital was difficult. So there were still many barriers for normal people to become content creators. But then, technology started catching up. Smartphones were invented and started focusing on quality cameras. Internet bandwidth started getting much faster and data cheaper. Soon. what was limited to a few, started becoming more accessible, but not everyone understood the potential yet.

Then a little thing called, COVID hit, and people were locked in their houses for four to six months with high-quality phones and unlimited bandwidth, and nothing to do but create content on their phones. All of a sudden there was an explosion of content creators, and for the first time, the world realized that the "Holywood" barrier to becoming famous was gone. Anyone could do it now. The problem is.

1691642219475.png

Herein lies the dilemma we are facing today. Everyone wants to be a superstar. Over the last decade, we have seen normal people with no special training reach stardom and become rich and famous by doing nothing but creating content on their smartphones. Now everyone is flooding the internet with content and what is happening is that we're drowning each other out. There are too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough customers in the dining room. Too many chiefs, and not enough Indians.

Sure there are still those that make it big, but they are less than 0.01%, and if you look closely at those who make it big, what you will find is that they had a lot of help and money. They are generally rich to start with and can afford top-of-the-line equipment and a professional production team. They can afford to run ads and pay to promote themselves. They are taking the giant's share of the revenue and leaving the little guys to fight for the scraps.

So, we are coming back full circle. The elites are once again stamping out the normal people and saying, if you want to be famous, you are gonna have to EARN it. The days of normal people making it with their phones are quickly coming to an end. It is once again becoming, "Go Big, or Go Home".