• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Have You Spoken To The YouTube Algorithm Lately?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If youΓÇÖve been uploading some videos to your new channel lately, like many others, youΓÇÖre probably wondering why your videos arenΓÇÖt getting that much attention. You start wondering what youΓÇÖre doing wrong. You ask yourself (or others) what do you need to improve? What do you need to change? What can I do to get people to notice my videos?

But perhaps youΓÇÖre not asking the right questions. Or to be more specific, the right question. Have You Spoken To The YouTube Algorithm Lately?

ΓÇ£But BraveStar, what do you mean by talking to the YouTube Algorithm? You can do that?ΓÇ¥

Well, in a sense, yea. You see, the way the YouTube Algorithm works is that you have to share your content with it. You have to tell the algorithm what type of content youΓÇÖre uploading, who your audience is. You do this by uploading. You have to upload lots and lots of videos. Most YouTube Pros will tell you to upload at least 100 videos in a year. The idea is to get the YouTube Algorithm to analyze your content, to understand your style, to define your audience so that it can share it to more and more potential viewers.

Think of it like creating an app, say, for the iPhone. The more code you add, the more features you add to the app, the nicer the look, the better the performance. In the process you replace some codes that are old, glitchy or simply useless to the app thus improving the app.

With the Algorithm your videos are your code, your channel is the app. The more videos (code) you add, the better your channel (the app) looks. As you learn more about editing, the kind of content you want to share and the improvement of the video/audio quality, the Algorithm takes all of that into account and will use all this information to determine who to share your content with.

I know that views and subs are important to content creators. But you have to accept the fact that if you just started your channel you canΓÇÖt expect a boom in views and subs right off the bat if the Algorithm doesnΓÇÖt even know who you are and what content youΓÇÖre uploading. Remember, youΓÇÖre competing against millions of other content creators uploading content at the same time as you so you have to give the Algorithm some time to get to know you. To get to know your content and find the audience youΓÇÖre making the content for.

So donΓÇÖt be impatient. Growth takes time. Focus on just making content. It doesnΓÇÖt matter if it sucks. You know why? Because according to most YouTuber Pros, your first videos are always gonna suck unless youΓÇÖre a professional movie maker. ItΓÇÖs just normal. Once you accept that youΓÇÖve taken your first step towards a better experience. Your first 100 videos should be about learning, improving, analyzing and talking to the Algorithm.

Good luck.

For more advice from one of the best YouTuber Pros, check out Roberto Blakes video MY BEST ADVICE FOR NEW YOUTUBERS - STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOlIcaeLWSU

Reactions: Soothing Music
OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
But can you trick the algorithm to take notice and serve your video to more people? Services like vid launcher etc that say they can trick it??

If there is one thing that is consistent in light is that trying to get around the rules eventually leads to backfiring. YouTube doesn't take kindly to those who try to circumvent their systems. Tricking is just another word for cheating. In videogames there are things you can do to give yourself advantages in the game that you shouldn't, such as using glitches. It's in the game after all so what's the big deal. Well, it wasn't meant to be used that way thus developers tend to try to fix the issue and often punish those who use these glitches. YouTube does the same when people try to find ways to "trick" the algorithm to gain an advantage.

In reality what you're doing is cheating the very viewers you're trying to get the attention to. Tricking the algorithm basically gives those who try it an advantage over those who are playing by the rules. In a world where nothing can be hidden online, I don't know if I want to be known as the one who cheated to win.

I know it's hard to get a channel going these days. The reality is most channels won't succeed. It's simple math really. The goal is to trust in your content. If you can't trust in your content then cheating is just a means to get to failure much faster. It's just better to keep trying and hoping you can build an audience.