• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Channel Missing to Manage as Admin

OMMIACO

Our web designer created a YouTube channel for our newer nonprofit and then made myself and our founder as admins to manage the page. He said:

The YouTube account is @ofmountainsandmen You both are admins, and I am no longer an admin on that account. If you are an admin of the YouTube channel, you'll be able to switch accounts by clicking on your profile picture and clicking "Switch Account." It should show up.

I've tried everything to make this work and it will not and our web designer is at a loss also. Our founder and I cannot find any "welcome emails" from Youtube back to August 2022 when this took place and we're growing quickly with the need to upload videos of our trips.

Has this happened to anyone else or is there a way to recover access as an admin to this?

Thanks,
J

Last edited by a moderator:

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Hmmm...? This is a complex one. The process of handing over a channel to another account is not a simple one. I created a new channel under an account and after that channel took off, I wanted to switch it over to its own account with an email that matched the brand name. Took me a lot of work to find out how to do it. The option is buried very deep in the YT Studio menu. Here is a guide that may help.

OP
OP
OMMIACO

OMMIACO

When I use our non-profit email address in YouTube, that's supposed to be associated with the channel created, it's not there and wants to create a new channel which is conflicting. The one created by our web designer has our promo video on it. I don't necessarily want a second channel for the non-profit. Neither I (to my personal email) nor our founder (to his personal email) received an invitation from YouTube to manage/admin that page. We also don't see an invite to the non-profit email address. I looked through your article and the branding channel language doesn't apply here unfortunately but thank you for passing over. I went through all of the steps with no success. This is definitely a complex one. When our web designer set it up, using our Gmail login information, he then handed over those permissions to myself and our founder. It's starting to seem almost impossible to resolve this.

OP
OP
OMMIACO

OMMIACO

I don't know if there's a way to connect with YouTube to receive a new invitation for a page that was setup to manage, be the owner of under my personal account?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
When I use our non-profit email address in YouTube, that's supposed to be associated with the channel created, it's not there and wants to create a new channel which is conflicting. The one created by our web designer has our promo video on it. I don't necessarily want a second channel for the non-profit. Neither I (to my personal email) nor our founder (to his personal email) received an invitation from YouTube to manage/admin that page. We also don't see an invite to the non-profit email address. I looked through your article and the branding channel language doesn't apply here unfortunately but thank you for passing over. I went through all of the steps with no success. This is definitely a complex one. When our web designer set it up, using our Gmail login information, he then handed over those permissions to myself and our founder. It's starting to seem almost impossible to resolve this.

Don't give up. Have you tried contacting YouTube support?

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Was Sie beschreiben, ist ein seltsamer Fall. Sie können Moderatorrechte vergeben, aber warum sollten Sie Ihre Administratorrechte an Personen weitergeben? Ich würde, wenn mir jemand helfen wollte, ihm nur Moderatorenrechte, aber keine Admin-Rechte geben, also gibst du alles aus der Hand!!! Schreib doch mal dem YouTube-Support per E-Mail, erkläre ihm, was du genau meinst und bitte um Hilfe.