• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help We have been doing this since 2020. But our channel is now not growing!

jumbo

733k views isn't that bad.. Have you been checking you analytics to understand what content people engage with the most, who you audience is, etc... so you create a strategy around that?

• Wow
Reactions: Baronduke

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It looks like you have a pretty decent base to build from. What I would do in your situation is to start focusing on audience retention. Study your analytics. Are people watching your whole video or do they leave early? If you have a low audience retention start working on increasing it (storytelling, audi/video quality, editing etc). A high audience retention you get YouTube to start recommend your videos to more people.

• Love

Swisha G

TubeBuddy User
have you tried to add background audio to help the video move along? that may help wit retention. I clicked through a couple of your videos and they felt a bit stale without some background music in my opinion.

Elias Hayin

أنا في بداية رحلتي على اليوتيوب وأريد تحسين قناتي
قدر الدكتور. أقرأ كتابيًا. لسوء الحظ ، لم يذكر الكتاب أين أفعل ذلك داخل
TubeBuddy

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
We have created over 800 videos, studied youtube and how it works but for some reason now we are not moving help!

Welcome to the Post TikTok YouTube. It's not you, it's YouTube.

I have been with YouTube since it first began in 2005. Longer than anyone else on this forum and probably just about everyone that works for YouTube today. You need to understand that YouTube is dying. Over the past three years, the leadership has made many bad choices and is essentially killing the platform as we know it off. Talk with anyone you meet and ask them how they like YouTube now. Most will say they do not use it, and those that do will say that they do not like it anymore. I have asked countless people this same question and 100% of the answers fall into one of those groups. I have not met a single person in the last two years that said, "Woohoo! YouTube is awesome! You really need to watch it." I have heard that said about TikTok and Instagram, but not YouTube.

Here is why in the shortest form I can explain it. I am going to use an analogy.

-------

The was once a Chinese restaurant that dominated a whole city. It was the only one in town and they had the Chinese food market all locked up. One day, a new Taco restaurant opened up and was immediately flooded with business, some of which used to belong to the Chinese food restaurant. The owners of the Chinese restaurant become jealous and decided that they too were going to offer Tacos. The problem was, all the best Taco chefs already worked for the Taco joint, and none of their chefs knew how to make tacos. So the Chinese restaurant started docking the pay of their chefs to offer big bonuses (Shorts Fund) to any Taco chef that would come work for them and bring Taco customers to their Chinese restaurant. They also started putting Tacos first on the menu. Slowly, some of their good Chinese chefs started to leave and go find other places to work that paid them more. But the owners did not care because their goal was to become the #1 Taco joining in the city. In their ravenous quest to achieve this, they became more and more aggressive in pushing Tacos onto their old Chinese food customers, and so those customers started to leave as well. Now, the Chinese food restaurant has lost not only some of their good chefs and long-time customers, but they have also lost their identity. No one really knows what they are now. In their desperate attempt to stay alive, they have launched a barrage of half-baked ideas that were not well thought out, driving even more chefs and customers away, and even their financial backers.

-------

I looked at your channel. You create Long Form content. In the story above, you are equivalent to a Chinese food chef. YouTube will allow you to work for them, but you are not what they want. They want Taco chefs to cook for them, like those that work over at TikTok. YouTube has intentionally designed its algorithm to push Short Form binge-worth content onto its viewers. This is not something I am guessing at, it is something that was clearly stated by the YouTube CEO.

You are not growing because you are not first on the menu anymore. If you want to be first on the menu (YouTube Suggested Content), you have to make Binge-Worth Content (Junk food). Otherwise, you will have to drive traffic to your channel from other sources. Even so, YouTube viewership is dropping, and advertisers are canceling their ad contracts with YouTube left and right. The money is drying up and YouTube has already begun to push viewers toward Paid Memberships. The problem is, no one wants to pay for a membership to an identity confused Taco/Chinese food joint that pushes junk food at you when what you really want is quality Chinese food.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the Post TikTok YouTube. It's not you, it's YouTube.

I have been with YouTube since it first began in 2005. Longer than anyone else on this forum and probably just about everyone that works for YouTube today. You need to understand that YouTube is dying. Over the past three years, the leadership has made many bad choices and is essentially killing the platform as we know it off. Talk with anyone you meet and ask them how they like YouTube now. Most will say they do not use it, and those that do will say that they do not like it anymore. I have asked countless people this same question and 100% of the answers fall into one of those groups. I have not met a single person in the last two years that said, "Woohoo! YouTube is awesome! You really need to watch it." I have heard that said about TikTok and Instagram, but not YouTube.

Here is why in the shortest form I can explain it. I am going to use an analogy.

-------

The was once a Chinese restaurant that dominated a whole city. It was the only one in town and they had the Chinese food market all locked up. One day, a new Taco restaurant opened up and was immediately flooded with business, some of which used to belong to the Chinese food restaurant. The owners of the Chinese restaurant become jealous and decided that they too were going to offer Tacos. The problem was, all the best Taco chefs already worked for the Taco joint, and none of their chefs knew how to make tacos. So the Chinese restaurant started docking the pay of their chefs to offer big bonuses (Shorts Fund) to any Taco chef that would come work for them and bring Taco customers to their Chinese restaurant. They also started putting Tacos first on the menu. Slowly, some of their good Chinese chefs started to leave and go find other places to work that paid them more. But the owners did not care because their goal was to become the #1 Taco joining in the city. In their ravenous quest to achieve this, they became more and more aggressive in pushing Tacos onto their old Chinese food customers, and so those customers started to leave as well. Now, the Chinese food restaurant has lost not only some of their good chefs and long-time customers, but they have also lost their identity. No one really knows what they are now. In their desperate attempt to stay alive, they have launched a barrage of half-baked ideas that were not well thought out, driving even more chefs and customers away, and even their financial backers.

-------

I looked at your channel. You create Long Form content. In the story above, you are equivalent to a Chinese food chef. YouTube will allow you to work for them, but you are not what they want. They want Taco chefs to cook for them, like those that work over at TikTok. YouTube has intentionally designed its algorithm to push Short Form binge-worth content onto its viewers. This is not something I am guessing at, it is something that was clearly stated by the YouTube CEO.

You are not growing because you are not first on the menu anymore. If you want to be first on the menu (YouTube Suggested Content), you have to make Binge-Worth Content (Junk food). Otherwise, you will have to drive traffic to your channel from other sources. Even so, YouTube viewership is dropping, and advertisers are canceling their ad contracts with YouTube left and right. The money is drying up and YouTube has already begun to push viewers toward Paid Memberships. The problem is, no one wants to pay for a membership to an identity confused Taco/Chinese food joint that pushes junk food at you when what you really want is quality Chinese food.

Thank you so much for your input. Our most busy period of the year is august - December when it is advent calendar season. Thats the binge period as such as we have found people love advent related content. The past few years it has been the period where we have doubled our subscriber counts. It just post this period we struggle. And i get what you mean. We feel like youtube is pushing people towards shorts and now they are introducing promotions under the content tab i feel like they are trying to push people to pay for promotion even more. Even the algorithm has changed massively since last year as we feel our content is not being pushed enough any more...

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
have you tried to add background audio to help the video move along? that may help wit retention. I clicked through a couple of your videos and they felt a bit stale without some background music in my opinion.

We tried that and people actually found it distracting!

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Have you considered incorporating background audio to enhance the flow of your videos? This addition could potentially improve viewer engagement. I personally clicked through a few of your videos and found that they lacked a certain liveliness without background music.
We tried that and people actually found it distracting!

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
أنا في بداية رحلتي على اليوتيوب وأريد تحسين قناتي
قدر الدكتور. أقرأ كتابيًا. لسوء الحظ ، لم يذكر الكتاب أين أفعل ذلك داخل
TubeBuddy
I am reading a couple of books too!

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Wir haben ├╝ber 800 Videos erstellt, YouTube und seine Funktionsweise untersucht, aber aus irgendeinem Grund k├╢nnen wir jetzt keine Hilfe leisten!
[/ZITAT]
Sie sollten den Stil der Thunails-YouTube-Arbeit verbessern. Mehr Aufmerksamkeit mit mehr Farben spielen. Ihre Suchanfrage ist sehr hoch, da Sie mit den Thunails-YouTube besser auffallen müssen als die Konkurrenz. Ich weiß nicht, wie gut du Deutsch sprichst, aber es gibt ein YT, das es wirklich gut erklärt, vielleicht solltest du dir den Kanal mal ansehen, ich schaue mir das immer selbst an.

IntheKitchenwithOly

Subscriber Goal
Wow! The number of views you have are quite impressive! I'm still very new to YouTube so my advice not be the best, but what's helped me is sharing my video on the different social media sites. Like others have said, use your analytics. From the data, try post on a day and time most of your subscribers are online, and stick to a schedule. Use keyword tags in all your videos. Also, try commenting and interacting with viewers from channels that post similar content to you. Wish you the very best :)