• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered "read and change all your data on all websites"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayseer

why is new update of the extension asking to "read and change all your data on all websites" ? it should be yt only.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
why is new update of the extension asking to "read and change all your data on all websites" ? it should be yt only.

Hey! We're exploring new features at the moment, and to understand what our users are in a better way, we're updating our permissions. We understand this might be concerning. However, rest assured this update is only to make your experience even better.

I'd like to know about this as well. This sounds very concerning and won't be accepting.

We understand this might be alarming, and we would definitely respect your decision in this case. However, I'd request you to let us explain the changes in a better way by sending us an email at support@tubebuddy.com so that our team can look into this and give you in-depth information about this.

now they removed that permission, I guess they already stole so much data form their users.

I'm really sorry to hear that. We at TubeBuddy always ensure that our user's data are secured and in no way it gets breached. That being said, we only use the data that we need to make our extension better. Any other details are not recorded or stored in any way.

Yep as soon as this popped up the other day I hit 'Report' and flagged it as malicious. Also removed the extension from all Chrome profiles, and have cancelled my subscription. Not impressed, and happy to give VidIQ my money instead now.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is mainly due to an ongoing issue that required us to push an update. In any way, we will not stop our users from canceling their subscriptions or to change their providers. At the end, it's up to end users and we will always respect their decision.

However, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team once so they can explain this situation in a better way. To reach them please send us an email at support@tubebuddy.com

Hope this helps! :)

Platima

Yep as soon as this popped up the other day I hit 'Report' and flagged it as malicious. Also removed the extension from all Chrome profiles, and have cancelled my subscription. Not impressed, and happy to give VidIQ my money instead now.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

Hey! We're exploring new features at the moment, and to understand what our users are in a better way, we're updating our permissions. We understand this might be concerning. However, rest assured this update is only to make your experience even better.

I'd like to know about this as well. This sounds very concerning and won't be accepting.

We understand this might be alarming, and we would definitely respect your decision in this case. However, I'd request you to let us explain the changes in a better way by sending us an email at support@tubebuddy.com so that our team can look into this and give you in-depth information about this.

now they removed that permission, I guess they already stole so much data form their users.

I'm really sorry to hear that. We at TubeBuddy always ensure that our user's data are secured and in no way it gets breached. That being said, we only use the data that we need to make our extension better. Any other details are not recorded or stored in any way.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is mainly due to an ongoing issue that required us to push an update. In any way, we will not stop our users from canceling their subscriptions or to change their providers. At the end, it's up to end users and we will always respect their decision.

However, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team once so they can explain this situation in a better way. To reach them please send us an email at support@tubebuddy.com

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.