• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Why is my channel still being asked for 1000 subscribers for monetization???

cryffmoon

I am based in the UK and have a channel with over 500 subscribers and was working towards getting 1000 for monetization. Then all of sudden I heard the news that Youtube were dropping it to 500, hallelujah I thought!

But its been two weeks now and I am still being asked to get 1000 subscribers, shouldn't this update have come through by now?

Thanks

Cryff

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, the 500 is just to unlock some of the features that you only got with 1,000. It isn't a full blown inclusion into the partner program. It's just a step toward it.

Not to mention not everyone gets the YPP approval immediately after hitting the 1000/4000 requirements. Many have said it could take days, weeks and even months before approval. This being a new thing that YouTube is rolling out now it's likely not gonna apply to everyone 500/3000+ immediately. Like the 1000/4000 channels, this will likely take time to apply to everyone who qualifies.

Patience is the key here. Besides, what's the rush? Everyone assumes being part of the program means money immediately. What they don't understand is that if at 1000 subs it's not easy to make much money, imagine at 500 subs?

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Everyone assumes being part of the program means money immediately. What they don't understand is that if at 1000 subs it's not easy to make much money, imagine at 500 subs?

Yeah, that's what gets me. It's as if they think the flood gates will open and money will overload their bank account. All the while they don't have a real business plan in place. Honestly they should be making money before they start their YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Yeah, that's what gets me. It's as if they think the flood gates will open and money will overload their bank account.

When I got monetized back in the days I was making less than $0.5 a day, often less than $0.2 a day during the first couple of months. Oh the glory days!

I am based in the UK and have a channel with over 500 subscribers and was working towards getting 1000 for monetization. Then all of sudden I heard the news that Youtube were dropping it to 500, hallelujah I thought!

But its been two weeks now and I am still being asked to get 1000 subscribers, shouldn't this update have come through by now?

Thanks

Cryff
You will only get Super Thanks, the shopping feature and membership options available. You will only get ad revenue when you hit the 1000 mark. Just as an aside, wouldn't ads on your videos defeat the object of your channel? Your videos are all about music to get babies to sleep. If after every few minutes, the videos were interrupted by ads, I am sure the babies wouldn't be happy. :confused:

Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
It is all pretty much a scam now. YT is just blowing smoke about making money on their platform. They themselves are losing money. They have created all these programs promising "More Ways for Creators to Earn Money!!!", but the reality is, they are just wanting to make more money off of your work. Anyone of their "Ways to Make Money" you sign up for, they are going to rape your earnings by taking 30% for themselves. So, if some person wants to give you a $2 tip through Super Thanks, you are only going to get $1.40 of that tip the viewer intended for YOU. Imagine if you were a server at a restaurant and the owner took 30% of all the tips the people you served gave you.

And then there is the fact that YouTube viewers seldom, if ever, use any of the other features to support creators. YouTube creates the programs and throws them out there where 99.99% of viewers will never see them. Out of 8 million views, I have earned less than $100 through any of YouTube's programs for creators to earn money. Once viewers find out that YouTube is taking 30% of what they intended to go to their favorite creator, they will never give through YouTube again.

PAY ATTENTION! You will never make enough money from YouTube itself to justify the time and effort you put into creating content. This does not mean that YouTube cannot be used as part of your money-making strategy. It just means that, if you are looking at YouTube to be your source of income, you are buying into a very deceptive illusion that YouTube has intentionally put out there. There is money to be made, but it will not come from YouTube. It will come from other sources outside of YouTube, not YouTube itself. What you will earn from YouTube is so little it is an insult.

Last edited:

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I once thought i will be rich and fame instantly on youtube. Far too many multiple PEOPLE making similar videos as what we all do on youtube. So it takes forever to archive this...
Also youtube will never give you 20 dollars.. 100 or 1000 dollars per video you make.

Before YouTube cut the throats of their bread and butter educational content creators like me, I used to make an average of $18 per every 1000 views on my videos. I had one video that averaged $27 per 1000 views. Now, I am lucky to get $1 per 1000 views on those same videos.

Last edited:

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Selbst kleine Unternehmen können sehr schnell Geld verdienen, manchmal sogar schneller, als Sie denken. Ich gebe ihnen ein BSP. Sie suchen ein Produkt, das Sie mit gutem Gewissen vertreten können. Sie suchen auf den Websites nach einer Partner-Link-Erstellung für Creators. Sie bewerben den Pruckt unter jedem Video zB wenn ein Kunde den Kauf aber nur über seinen Partnerlink erhält.